Who was our best true Freshman in 2019?

97and03

41 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Didn’t get to see enough of him to nominate him.  But with what little we did see, with 42 yards on 4 carries it could have easily been Oscar Adaway..

Rick

He might have the best ceiling, but I went with Simpson based on on field contributions. He did well when pressed into duty after the Bussey injury. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2020 at 11:57 AM, 97and03 said:

Have to agree he was amazing but the subject was true FR. He was a RS. the link I posted has the roster sorted by class for convenience. 

Then I will go with Simpson, although I wish we could have redshirted him as well.  Adaway, based on one game/one series, could be a beast.

• Eye Roll 1

On 1/11/2020 at 11:22 AM, meaniegreenie said:

Don't know about 2019, but I sure hope to see something good out of those two OL guys at 6'5" 300+ .

I saw Daxton Byers at a few camps a year ago that kid has great footwork.  I will be surprised if he does not get playing time this year.  He needed some time in the weight room and to catch up with the speed of the game at this level.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, meangreencowboy said:

I saw Daxton Byers at a few camps a year ago that kid has great footwork.  I will be surprised if he does not get playing time this year.  He needed some time in the weight room and to catch up with the speed of the game at this level.   

Completely agree about the footwork. I think he starts too. Especially if all we’re going to add is Gray.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Aldo said:

Agree about Deonte. Lots of contribution for a freshman receiver. Darden was the last freshman receiver to produce as much, iirc.

Kevin Wood was a productive guy in limited time, too.

Wood looked every bit of a very talented true freshman last year.  Boom or bust player when he was in. 
He would make some great plays, then follow those up with terrible angles & poor tackling technique. 
Last year was good for him to get baptized by fire and I think he's going to be very good in the years to come.

• Upvote 1