‘21 QB Sawyer Robertson - Lubbock Coronado

97and03

On 1/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, 97and03 said:

We are way too late to the game on this guy. Looks like tons of major offers. 

Per 247, he also holds offers from Louisville, Nevada, TSU-SM, smuT, Tulsa, Washington St. and Wisconsin

Rated a 4 star - .9397

6'3.5" and 190 lbs.

Rivals shows the same offers, so I am not sure where the "ton" of offers is coming from.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

On 1/11/2020 at 10:50 PM, UNTLifer said:

Sounds like Walerius is not doing his job as effectively.  That, or the coaches responsible for that area of the state are not doing their job.

I'm going to blame the coach responsible for that area, which seems to be Mainord.  We offered Williams his OT on May 21 according to 247, and by then he already had the Tulsa, SMU, and Wisconsin offers.  So we went into that school knowing they had a QB with those offers and I'm guessing didn't feel he was worth an offer at the time.

Just looking at his offer list so far I don't feel like we should count ourselves out yet, but knowing we should have been on it 8 months ago sucks.

Edit- I don't fully blame Mainord because for all we know he came back and said that they have this QB we should jump on, and I believe there are staff meetings where they agree on who to offer but I could be wrong.  However, the Lubbock area is his responsibility I'm pretty sure.

Edited by UNT18Grad

8 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

I'm going to blame the coach responsible for that area, which seems to be Mainord.  We offered Williams his OT on May 21 according to 247, and by then he already had the Tulsa, SMU, and Wisconsin offers.  So we went into that school knowing they had a QB with those offers and I'm guessing didn't feel he was worth an offer at the time.

Just looking at his offer list so far I don't feel like we should count ourselves out yet, but knowing we should have been on it 8 months ago sucks.

Edit- I don't fully blame Mainord because for all we know he came back and said that they have this QB we should jump on, and I believe there are staff meetings where they agree on who to offer but I could be wrong.  However, the Lubbock area is his responsibility I'm pretty sure.

We already had Renfro "committed" at the time.  Why go recruit another guy?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

Commits to Mississippi State.  That is two QB's that we offered that have ended up there.  The other is Geek from Liberty Christian.  We should stay after them as one could flip.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1