Coach Reff lands new gig

Harry

1 minute ago, MrStrange18 said:

curious what his pay will be there as a safties coach vs what he was making here as a DC

I'm sure it will be less, but in FY 2019, they were paying their "assistant" coaches between $95k and $165k, so I think he should be alright: https://president.unm.edu/documents/athletics/2018/athletics---personnel-schedule.pdf.

Good luck, Coach Reff! Many of us don't think all the "D" problems were on that one phase, but it's all part of the coaching game.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

curious what his pay will be there as a safties coach vs what he was making here as a DC

It just didn’t feel like the case to me until everyone poked on this year. His first season post-Ek, everyone seemed to be pleased with him. The next year the complaints were that Harrell and Littrell couldn’t close out a game. This season when our offense was a shell of its former self with Reeder at the helm, all of a sudden Reff wasn’t a capable coordinator. I never got that. Now Reeder you can convince me was in over his head, no problem.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Withers940 said:

In non related news, Bodie Reeders home is for sale....It can all be yours for $369,900!! 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1300-Teal-Trl-Argyle-TX-76226/2087122423_zpid/

Be sure to change the locks on them for good measure. Good riddance

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

It just didn’t feel like the case to me until everyone poked on this year. His first season post-Ek, everyone seemed to be pleased with him. The next year the complaints were that Harrell and Littrell couldn’t close out a game. This season when our offense was a shell of its former self with Reeder at the helm, all of a sudden Reff wasn’t a capable coordinator. I never got that. Now Reeder you can convince me was in over his head, no problem.

Agree.  Last season, his DL depth issues finally caught up to him after Tauaalo graduated, and he didn't have STUDS at CB or LB to help mask it anymore.  He just kept pounding that square peg, and it just wasn't going.

I had no problems with safety play for the entire time he was here.  McClain/Muhammad/Robinson were all very nice players who knew where they needed to be.   The Lobos got a heckuva Safeties coach.   Good for them, and good for Coach Reff.

• Upvote 3

Per Footballscoop.com, another former coach may be moving on

West Virginia: Source tells FootballScoop Neal Brown is targeting former Ole Miss linebackers coach Jeff Koonz for the linebackers role at WVU. Koonz spent the 2019 season at Ole Miss, 2017-18 at North Texas, 2014-16 at Cincinnati and the 2010-13 seasons at Louisiana Tech.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Be sure to change the locks on them for good measure. Good riddance

LOL, you fucking clowns will down vote anything. So I take it you all support him taking our juggarnaut offense and making it completely incompetent and useless? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Per Footballscoop.com, another former coach may be moving on

West Virginia: Source tells FootballScoop Neal Brown is targeting former Ole Miss linebackers coach Jeff Koonz for the linebackers role at WVU. Koonz spent the 2019 season at Ole Miss, 2017-18 at North Texas, 2014-16 at Cincinnati and the 2010-13 seasons at Louisiana Tech.

Wish Koontz were here. 

51 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

LOL, you fucking clowns will down vote anything. So I take it you all support him taking our juggarnaut offense and making it completely incompetent and useless? 

If you think a downvote means they think Reff was awesome, you aren't as smart as you like to tell people you are.

(I didn't downvote you).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

The only person who has looked like a clown the last few days is you.  Some people choose to maintain some basic human decency when it comes to someone who was associated with this university and choose to wish them the best with no ill will because they weren't a good fit here.  We eagerly await more Big 12 analysis and takes from the boards undisputed expert.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNT18Grad said:

The only person who has looked like a clown the last few days is you.  Some people choose to maintain some basic human decency when it comes to someone who was associated with this university and choose to wish them the best with no ill will because they weren't a good fit here.  We eagerly await more Big 12 analysis and takes from the boards undisputed expert.

What human decency? If I was terrible at my job, I would have been kicked to the curb a long time ago. It's a job, not a morale booster. People couldn't wait to kick Ref out of here, constantly calling for his head. Guess they are terrible human beings too, right? And at least you got one thing right in your post

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Eye Roll 1