2020 East/West Shrine Game QB Preview (TDN)

jdennis82

• Harry featured this topic

Now that I think about it, I've got some Shrine Bowl questions...

Who pays for the players travel, room and meals ?

How long is the player at the Shrine Bowl event ?

Does the University provide the player with all his equipment or just the helmet ?

Does the University send any support staff with the player ?

Does the player get paid ?

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

17 minutes ago, MEEN2018 said:

Stupid to think that 1.25” would make a big deal but the NFL has a track record for being stupid.

With Luke Kuechly retiring this week I was shocked to read that a few teams were scared off because he wore glasses. He was still drafted ninth but just goes to show there are some morons scouting/drafting in the NFL. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

With Luke Kuechly retiring this week I was shocked to read that a few teams were scared off because he wore glasses. He was still drafted ninth but just goes to show there are some morons scouting/drafting in the NFL. 

I remember him being knocked for making TOO many tackles in college and that they thought he couldn’t make plays at the LOS because of that. 

2 hours ago, MEEN2018 said:

Fine measured in at 5’ 9 3/4”. That is probably about the worst thing that could’ve happened for him. Really needed like 5’ 11”. 

Stupid to think that 1.25” would make a big deal but the NFL has a track record for being stupid.

Yet the NFL is full of "prototypical" QB's holding clipboards that, to be honest, suck. Maybe if more teams stocked their rosters with "players" other than people who look like players, they would not suck year after year.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

35 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

I still think Fine would be a home run in the Canadian football league. With their format he would break records.

Really not a bad option. I have a friend who is a big fan of Canadian football, and he has made the exact comment.  Fine could play QB in Canada and have a very long and successful career...if, of course, some NFL team isn't smart enough to give him a shot.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

I don’t have the NFL network, so I appreciate the commentary, would you mind, or anyone else sharing how our guys do today?

Anyone who has cable can watch it through the NFL Network website, there are plenty of non legal sites streaming the game as well.

Hamilton played a few snaps on the West's 2nd defensive possession at LE, unfortunately he didn't do much but it's early. No Mason Fine yet at the start of the 2nd quarter.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

They are having Ladarius line up in a 4 point stance, the one play he put he hand in the ground he beat the RT inside and met the runner in the backfield and got a TFL. He hasn't applied much pressure in passing downs yet.

Still no Mason, the 2nd QB from the West is going out for his second series now with 4 mins remaining in the half so I would guess he will start the second half.

• Thanks 2