• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
TheReal_jayD

Jett Duffey to Tulane

Reports are out Jett Duffey is headed to Tulane for Sr year. I will admit when I am wrong. And as @Harry likes to remind me I was wrong about Willie Fritz. Fritz is building a WINNING culture in New Orleans. Great hire, great addition. 

sad arrested development GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

No big loss. My Texas Tech sister hated having Duffy in the game as he always made some stupid mistake. I've watched a few Tech games, he's not that good tbh. 

• Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Reports are out Jett Duffey is headed to Tulane for Sr year. I will admit when I am wrong. And as @Harry likes to remind me I was wrong about Willie Fritz. Fritz is building a WINNING culture in New Orleans. Great hire, great addition. 

Fritz has been a winner wherever he has been. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

No big loss. My Texas Tech sister hated having Duffy in the game as he always made some stupid mistake. I've watched a few Tech games, he's not that good tbh. 

He completed 65% of his passes, was at 7.7 y/a, and had 18 TDs to 5 INTs. His body of work shows he’s a good QB. Certainly at the G5 level.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

He completed 65% of his passes, was at 7.7 y/a, and had 18 TDs to 5 INTs. His body of work shows he’s a good QB. Certainly at the G5 level.

He's also 4-11 as a starter and was beat out to the position by sophomore Alan Bowman before Bowman was injured for the rest of the season and he had to step back in. Sure he would be probably be a good G5 QB, but that's why he say he's not that big a loss. The air deflated from the offense after he went in and they were incompetent and clueless vs the well oiled machine when Bowman was in. I watched plenty of Tech games. Sometimes the eye test beats the stats

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Hold on, I thought Fritz ran the triple option or something? Is that not right? I feel like I heard that. If true, why the F would any air raid quarterback want to go there?

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I’m on to you. Misdirection. Look for Starkel to announce his transfer to UNT within the next 3 days.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Hold on, I thought Fritz ran the triple option or something? Is that not right? I feel like I heard that. If true, why the F would any air raid quarterback want to go there?

It's more like a spread option these days. And a system that someone like Duffey would fit in perfectly with his mobility

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

Yup, yet clowns on this board down vote me when I say he isn't a big loss. Pretty sure I know more about Big 12 football than anyone on this board.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 5

51 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yup, yet clowns on this board down vote me when I say he isn't a big loss. Pretty sure I know more about Big 12 football than anyone on this board.

image.jpeg.80f81389d0935a5c770fb2244428111e.jpeg

😅😂🤣

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

image.jpeg.80f81389d0935a5c770fb2244428111e.jpeg

😅😂🤣

Because he is a Kansas fan, damn it!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Image result for spit take laugh gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Knowledge and confidence in it

Image result for spit take laugh gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm apparently there is an academic issue with his admission to Tulane..curious what that could be seeing as he already has his degree and football programs usually can pull a little weight with things like that.  Also rumor has it that Oregon is considering the OC from Tulane so maybe that's a factor?  Just based off Twitter, Miami Hurricane fans are pushing to get him now.  Still wish we would consider him but doesn't seem like we are.

Edited by UNT18Grad

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

He’s a mess. I wish him well but we don’t need the drama. 

It’s not on him. He was denied admissions. It’s not like he changed his mind. I would still take him without thinking twice. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1