North Texas Releases Official 2020 Football Schedule

Harry

UNT Releases 2020 Football Schedule

DENTON – The North Texas football team will battle seven opponents from Texas in 2020, will open the season and Conference USA play at Apogee Stadium, and will face six opponents that played in a 2019 bowl game in its 2020 schedule, which was released by C-USA Wednesday afternoon.
As it did the past three seasons, North Texas will play six home and six road contests in 2020. UNT will have a bye week, on Oct. 24.

North Texas, which went 4-8 in 2019, will face four non-conference opponents, all from the Lone Star State in 2020: home games against Metroplex rival SMU and Houston Baptist, and on the road at both Texas A&M and Houston.

The Mean Green open the season at Apogee Stadium against Houston Baptist on Sept. 5. On Sept. 12, UNT travels to College Station to face Texas A&M, before returning home to host SMU on Sept. 19. It marks the seventh straight season the pair will meet and the 40th meeting all-time. This is the fourth consecutive year that the Mean Green will open the season at home.

On Sept. 20, the Mean Green travel to Houston to take on the Cougars, whom they meet for the second straight season
North Texas returns to Apogee Stadium for a pair of Conference USA matchups, beginning with the conference opener on Oct. 3 against Southern Miss. The following week, the Mean Green host Charlotte.

The Mean Green's C-USA slate continues on Oct. 17, when North Texas travels to Murfreesboro, Tennessee, to take on Middle Tennessee before UNT has its bye week.

The Mean Green will travel to El Paso for a Halloween date with UTEP on Oct. 31 before returning home to host Louisiana Tech at Apogee Stadium on Nov. 7.

North Texas then travels to defending West Division Champion UAB on Nov. 14 in Birmingham, Alabama, before concluding the home slate against Rice on Nov. 21. UNT close out the regular season at UTSA on Nov. 28 from the AlamoDome in San Antonio.

It is important to note that all games are subject to date changes and some dates are expected to move in the coming weeks in order to accommodate national television.  A schedule of televised games will be released at a later date. 

Renewal invoices for current Mean Green football season ticket holders will be made available later this month. Season ticket holders will receive information via their email on file at the North Texas Ticket Office. Fans that are interested in becoming new season ticket holders may contact the North Texas Ticket Office at 940-565-2527 or TicketOffice@unt.edu for information. Make sure your North Texas Ticket Office account is up to date and receive all of the latest updates and ticket information at MeanGreenSports.com/tickets.

2020 North Texas Football Schedule

Sept. 5 Houston Baptist
Sept. 12 at Texas A&M
Sept. 19 SMU
Sept. 26 at Houston
Oct. 3 Southern Miss*
Oct. 10 Charlotte*
Oct. 17 at Middle Tennessee*
Oct. 24 bye
Oct. 31 at UTEP*
Nov. 7 Louisiana Tech*
Nov. 14 at UAB*
Nov. 21 Rice*
Nov. 28 at UTSA*

Home games in bold
* - Conference USA games

1 sure win over Houston Baptist

2 probable wins against Texas CUSA teams

1 probable win against CUSA East teams

Win another one out the of CUSA West games and that’s about the highest win total I can see is getting next year. And if I could take 5 wins right now for 2020, I would. 4 wins seems more reasonable to me. I fear less than 4 wins if the QB play isn’t good and the lines aren’t any better than last season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

I've got 7-5, should be able to go 6-1 after a brutal first half but will likely drop one that we shouldn't so I'm just hoping we can get back to a bowl game and go into 2021 strong.  Also will be interesting to see how healthy we are after playing 3 teams that should have a pretty decent size/speed advantage over us.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1