Skip Holtz interest at Mississippi St?

Cerebus

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think he would do very  well.  He just lost his OC and DC. Good time to move on

I could understand why they would want Holtz and also why he would jump. But combined with the no coordinators left, would make it difficult for LaTech to keep the good thing they have going, as it would then put them into a very bad timing for finding a coach with not even good interim or internal options.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Can La Tech attract a quality replacement based off of the compensation? A lot of P5 co ordinators make more.

I doubt they are in a really good situation. Holtz is an absolute bargain. And with the timing they wold actually have to spend more than usually, because the most nteresting candidates might have just very recently signed a contract somewhere as a coordinator or gotten a new contract as an HC. This would definitely be a worst-case scenario for them. At least they have C-USAs top class signed.

Edited by outoftown

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I think this is what @Cerebus is suggesting.

I don't know.  A lot of people are high on Clark, but he had the advantage last year of basically an unlimited signing class being seniors.  This year they had a fairly good record, but they didn't beat anyone to speak of.  It will be interesting to see how they do moving forward now that they have to follow the recruiting rules that everyone else has to follow.

• Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

I could understand why they would want Holtz and also why he would jump. But combined with the no coordinators left, would make it difficult for LaTech to keep the good thing they have going, as it would then put them into a very bad timing for finding a coach with not even good interim or internal options.

Sounds good to me

23 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't know.  A lot of people are high on Clark, but he had the advantage last year of basically an unlimited signing class being seniors.  This year they had a fairly good record, but they didn't beat anyone to speak of.  It will be interesting to see how they do moving forward now that they have to follow the recruiting rules that everyone else has to follow.

UAB would've gone 1-3 with our non conference last year just like we did and would go 1-3 with our non conference next year just like we will.

Their non conference is really easy again next year