How bad was our offensive line? 108 out of 130 bad

jtm0097

How bad was our offensive line this past year you might ask? 108th in the country. Jacob Brammer had the highest grade with 69.4. Our center had a 19.2 grade. That's horrible and one of the main reasons Mason was running for his life.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4

Meh. 

Wouldn't look too much into grading linemen. 

1623 yards on 396 attempts = 4.1 ypc. 

26 sacks given up for a -178 yards. 2.1 per game. 

The offensive line by no means stellar, but I take 0 stock on some Joe blow 'grading' them out individually as a unit failure/success. 

I get that Mason Fine will live in lore around here, but some fault has to be laid at his feet (like a lot of his centers snaps; which was a bigger issue than maybe anything else in regards to the OL). 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 12

8 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Meh. 

Wouldn't look too much into grading linemen. 

1623 yards on 396 attempts = 4.1 ypc. 

26 sacks given up for a -178 yards. 2.1 per game. 

The offensive line by no means stellar, but I take 0 stock on some Joe blow 'grading' them out individually as a unit failure/success. 

I get that Mason Fine will live in lore around here, but some fault has to be laid at his feet (like a lot of his centers snaps; which was a bigger issue than maybe anything else in regards to the OL). 

Whether some Joe Blow graded them or not, it was obvious to anyone paying attention that our line was horrible.   They were often beat by 3 rushers and could not be counted on to get a critical 1 yard conversion.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

How bad was our offensive line this past year you might ask? 108th in the country. Jacob Brammer had the highest grade with 69.4. Our center had a 19.2 grade. That's horrible and one of the main reasons Mason was running for his life.

Brammer being graded out as the highest-rated OL is problematic of either 1 of 2 things:
1. Our OL was way worse overall than I thought.
2. The person doing the grading was having a stroke while dwelling on UNT's OL.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

Whether some Joe Blow graded them or not, it was obvious to anyone paying attention that our line was horrible.   They were often beat by 3 rushers and could not be counted on to get a critical 1 yard conversion.

The stats are the stats. I put my trust in those as far as grading them out. 

By the mythical eye test, yeah, they were awful at times. But the stats are still what they are. 

• Eye Roll 1