Marshall Fan observations from the game

Harry

Tough loss against NT... That's a game at the end of the year DD and the players will want back.

As for why we lost, NT's bigs were a matchup issue, especially when they went with Geu at the 4 spot. He is too quick for Bennett and too tall for George and it showed as he worked us in the paint in the first half. Marshall made some good adjustments to slow him down in the second half (doubling with the nearest off-ball guard) but then NT adjusted and started getting open 3s, which they hit.

Overall, two even matched teams played a 3-point game. I think Marshall and NT are both pretty much who I thought they were. Don't be surprised if both teams finish somewhere between fifth and seventh in the league standings.

read more:  https://marshall.forums.rivals.com/threads/nice-20-pt-win-to-open-conference-play.46105/page-2

58 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Sam has a whole lot of "we are a bball school and they're a commuter football school" butthurt in him.

Doesn't Marshall have a movie made about their football program?    Isn't their most famous athletic alumnus Randy Moss?   I've never considered Marshall a basketball school.   I can't even think of a NBA player that came from there.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Doesn't Marshall have a movie made about their football program?    Isn't their most famous athletic alumnus Randy Moss?   I've never considered Marshall a basketball school.   I can't even think of a NBA player that came from there.

Hassan Whiteside is the only guy I can think but I’m sure somebody from the 70s or 80s haha. 

• Upvote 1

I never thought of this before, but,  what's thundering ? 

I guess I just assumed it was horses but reading "Sam's" avatar, it could be rhinos, but the next poster is a platinum Buffalo. 

Whatever, GO MEAN GREEN

Opps...I looked it up and a herd of rhinoceros is called a "crash."  "Hey Bob, look over at that CRASH of Rhinoceros s

Edited by greenjoe
Look up spelling of rhinoceros
  • Haha 1