Big win for Ladies

GrandGreen

Surprised not much about the ladies great win over WKU. They deserve their own thread.

Outstanding game, this game ought to put the rest of the league on notice.

WKU women are ranked a lot better than their men's team.

Shepard with a double double, 10 points and an unbelievable 23 rebounds.   The announcers stated this is the second highest rebound total in NT history. 

NT owned the glass in this one.

NT a horrible three shooting team up till this game, had 10 threes.  Thompson with 5 threes, Jones with 3 and Owens with 2.

Appears Coach Mitchell is building something special here with no seniors playing and only 3 juniors. 

The last three wins have been without NT's most touted player Anisha George.

Anyone know why she is not playing?  I think I saw on the bench in street clothes. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Anyone know why she is not playing?  I think I saw on the bench in street clothes

She is not playing because she just got back to the team after attending to family issues. I would say she probably plays Saturday or next week after some practice.

• Upvote 3

I never understand Mitchell's game plans.   Team can't hit anything long and they keep throwing up threes.

Behind bad Marshall team by double digits.  

This should be an easy home win. 

NT currently shooting 19% as they continue to be one of the worst shooting teams in the country.

Apparently, their good shooting against WKU was a miracle not to be soon repeated. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

Losing to Marshall at home is going to be hard to overcome.

At least they made it interesting at the end with the press.  

Kept throwing up those threes, even though NT has a great inside advantage.  Jackson and Boyd should not be allowed to shoot a three unless it is in a blowout game.   4 out of 21 threes, horrible; add 10-19 on free throws and it demonstrate what a bad shooting team this is. 

This is a very young team, but they should be playing smarter this late in the season.