Dave Campbell's Texas Football's Texas College Football All-Decade Team: 2010s

Venson

Ejiya was the only UNT player to make this list. Raises questions for me. If EJ makes it, I think Zach Orr should have made it.Maybe he was not as good as EJ, but I would certainly question that. I also think Trevor Moore was a better kicker than who they chose. Then again maybe I am biased. What are your thoughts?

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

I actually have zero knowledge of the post-Leach era in Lubbock.

How does the TE position at TTech fit the traditional mold/understanding of that position? Same/very different?

At Tech Jace Amaro was just a big pass catcher. sometimes they’d split him wide but sometimes on the line as well.

As far as the list goes, I can’t really argue, there are some real heavy hitters on there and EJ did have an impressive 25 tackles for loss his senior year.

5 hours ago, Venson said:

Ejiya was the only UNT player to make this list. Raises questions for me. If EJ makes it, I think Zach Orr should have made it.Maybe he was not as good as EJ, but I would certainly question that. I also think Trevor Moore was a better kicker than who they chose. Then again maybe I am biased. What are your thoughts?

I loved EJ but I think Z.Orr was extremely special player and should have been on the list as our best defensive player this decade. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Congrats to EJ but IMHO Z.Orr was alot better, without question. Always felt EJ was overrated. 

Definitely not overrated. If you followed his career progression he stepped up his game each season. Orr gets the nod but EJ’s senior year was legit. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Definitely not overrated. If you followed his career progression he stepped up his game each season. Orr gets the nod but EJ’s senior year was legit. 

Right.    Just because Orr was better, doesn't mean EJ was "overrated".   But when it comes to this kind of article, obviously the 'what-have-you-done-lately' guys come to mind first & get the first considerations.