Western Kentucky (1/2/20)

CMJ

16 minutes ago, CMJ said:

NT 49 ------- WKU 46

15:39 to go

Action packed four minutes.  Lead ballooned up to 15, but the the Toppers CUSA Officials fought back.

fify

WKU was more than bystanders, but the run was mostly propelled by horrific CUSA officiating. 

Horrible foul calls, two dishonestly wrong possession calls on balls slapped out....It's nearly impossible to win with that type of crap officiating. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Is smart even with the team? Everybody is going to beat us if he can’t return to form and Deng and Simmons get in foul trouble. We don’t have any depth in the post and I think teams are going to start trying to get them in foul trouble early. I would if I wanted to beat us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Why can't our coaches in the two main sports win big games?!!! We finally get a basketball game on TV, and we blow it!

After being up by 15, there is no excuse for losing tonight. I'm tired of excuses. Quit losing!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

For those of you who think we're ready to roll through conference play after losing a whole bunch of tough non-conference games, giving up 61 points in a half should give you pause.  We still have only 1 win away from home, which was in Arlington.  I don't feel too optimistic about our chances at Marshall in a couple days.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Just now, BillySee58 said:

61 second half points. Once they got rolling there just wasn’t much we could do. They moved the ball really well and weren’t missing anything, contested or not. Honestly a really solid effort by our offense outside the turnovers.

Remember, those 61 points were scored by basically 5 WKU guys that got no substitutions. That is embarrassing.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

So tired of us having teams with great potential and expectations but nothing to show for it! Sure glad we're great academically. Maybe we should recruit some kids that aren't quite so smart but better players. Sorry, just blowing off steam after another frustrating performance.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

Just now, Shark84 said:

So tired of us having teams with great potential and expectations but nothing to show for it! Sure glad we're great academically. Maybe we should recruit some kids that aren't quite so smart but better players. Sorry, just blowing off steam after another frustrating performance.

Our inability to maintain longterm success is frustrating.

I believe the culture is changing for the better longterm, but we still have some bone-headed decisions and dumb luck haunting us.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Total collapse, what a choke job. 

The refs were horrible, but this is the worst NT half I have seen in the McCasland era.

NT just does not have enough depth in the front court.   J. Simmons is tough player but is a big liability on both ends of the court. 

Worst defense ever by a McCasland NT team?   WKU dictated the pace and were given wide open threes all game. 

I don't think WKU is a very good team, but they were obviously the best team tonight. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, greenminer said:

On the other side of the court, you have to wonder if this Stansbury's best half.

Very well may have been. They were playing pretty flawless offensively. Great ball movement, they were canning every three, they were finishing at the rim, and they were getting bailed out by foul calls when they weren’t.