Langston and Yellock will not return for 2020 Season

TheReal_jayD

• Harry featured this topic
Just now, hickoryhouse said:

This is good news to me.   I liked Yellock, but to get the best results I have to think that the new coordinators need to be able to "buy their own groceries"  sot to speak...

Langston leaving gives me hope though!

Gotta love a good Bill Parcells quote!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Langston had to go.  He'll have plenty of jobs waiting for him to choose from in the Golden Triangle.
Yellock probably did too, but I would have liked to have seen what he could have done without having to constantly move his best 3-techs to Nose because the depth there was so bad... or see what he could have done with a 4 down linemen front.   I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m wondering if this means we’re close to announcing a hire?  Does this mean the new guy wanted to bring in his own staff?

I also wonder why we haven’t yet hired someone. We got an early enough start on the hiring process. Jobs are getting filled elsewhere. Are we making a splashy hire with someone who’s waiting to get past a bowl game or two?

i sometimes also wonder why the sky is blue... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Moobs said:

I’m wondering if this means we’re close to announcing a hire?  Does this mean the new guy wanted to bring in his own staff?

I also wonder why we haven’t yet hired someone. We got an early enough start on the hiring process. Jobs are getting filled elsewhere. Are we making a splashy hire with someone who’s waiting to get past a bowl game or two?

I think we are waiting for bowl game to finish and for coaching carousel to die down. No need rushing out to make a hire. still a couple weeks away before recruiting picks back up.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moobs said:

This is the only one I can answer.

The sun's light is full spectrum, but when it hits the earth's atmosphere a phenomenon called Rayleigh scattering occurs.  The different bands of the light spectrum are scattered by different amounts depending on their wavelength, the shorter blue end of the spectrum is scattered most and that is why it dominates the color of the sky.   During sunset and sunrise the light has to travel through more of the atmosphere, and it scatters the blue so much that the red and yellow end of the spectrum dominates instead. 

If you were sitting on a body with no atmosphere, like the moon, the sky would appear black at all times, even during the lunar "day".

I only know this because I had to explain it to an 11 year old during the holiday break. 

Agree with most here. Langston had to go and that has made my day. Wow. I love great news. Yellock, I thought did a great job with what he was working with. I understand Bowen wanting to bring his own people in though. I wonder if he replaces Jennings because our CBs never looked back for the ball. I know Jennings is an alumni so I hate to see him go if that ends up being the case, but he has got to get those guys better.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1