Another Good Person With A Gun Prevents Mass Murder

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EagleD said:

Didn’t another good guy with a gun also die?  
repeal the second!!!!

Yep...sad...but so did the bad guy and the good guys saved lots of folks from getting shot or killed. So, good guys win! Bad guy loses! Thank God we will keep the 2nd Amendment! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

So you basically wished more people were murdered?  Wow!

Rick

Not even remotely what I said. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. You seem to be the one ok with only two people gunned down in their house of worship. 

Edited by EagleD
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, EagleD said:

Not even remotely what I said. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. You seem to be the one ok with only two people gunned down in their house of worship. 

Considering the alternative, yes, I’m glad only two innocent people lost their lives.  

But you’re saying the murderer wouldn’t have had a gun if the 2nd was repealed, correct?  Surely you don’t really believe that.

• Upvote 2

Without taking a side on the underlying issue I would like to take exception with the thread title.  It implies that good guys with a gun ‘saving the day’ is a regular occurrence when in fact it’s rare.  Even more rare is to have said good guys with the level of training this man had.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, EagleD said:

I do believe that. Australia as a case study. 

So if it’s a law everyone just follows the law?  I wish it were that simple.

Additionally, if someone is hell bent on killing people, they’ll find a way whether it be with a gun or by some other (possibly deadlier) manner.

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, EagleD said:

So do you honestly believe people who want a gun cannot get a gun? Illegal or not it doesn't matter. There are bad people who do bad things. Is anyone happy with two good peopled dead; absolutely not. But if you want to be naive enough to think  lot more would not have been killed if guns were not allowed then you, with all due respect, are delusional.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

So at least this wasn't another instance of some deranged individual successfully exploiting a gun-free zone where it could slaughter as many people as possible before it offed itself and achieved "glory".

Incredible that some folks post eye-rolls in this thread.  They are very likely the same folks that would have been lining up to kiss Jack Wilson's ass and shake his hand if they had been sitting in that church with their families.

But behind his back they probably would have said his gun hurt their ears when it fired and he should have been able to subdue the threat without using deadly force. 

Because excessive force and common sense gun laws.

• Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1