Texas Wesleyan (12/28/19)

CMJ

28 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Looks like there’s a lot of interest in this one. 

I'm trying to get jazzed but it's hard to get pumped for a game against a D2 that doesn't do anything for us if we win. If we lose, it's crushing for team and fan morale. I understand they want to schedule a warmup game before Conference USA play starts, but I just cant excited about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Magic95Fan said:

I'm trying to get jazzed but it's hard to get pumped for a game against a D2 that doesn't do anything for us if we win. If we lose, it's crushing for team and fan morale. I understand they want to schedule a warmup game before Conference USA play starts, but I just cant excited about it. 

I understand your reasoning, but I am excited for this game because I want to see if they have learned how to finish and win games that they should win. Last year they tended to jump out on teams early and then start to cruise. The other team would make a run and we would lose all composure, start panicking, and end up losing the game. They need to learn how to put their foot on someone's throat and keep it there until the last buzzer.

• Upvote 2

This is a purchased win game.  Anything less than a rout by NT over TW would be troubling. 

NT by the way has one of the toughest oc schedule around, so I have no problem with a couple of lesser opponents. 

It is easy for a team to lose focus in a game like this, but I look for a plus 15 point win and lots of non-starter play.  

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

This is a purchased win game.  Anything less than a rout by NT over TW would be troubling. 

NT by the way has one of the toughest oc schedule around, so I have no problem with a couple of lesser opponents. 

It is easy for a team to lose focus in a game like this, but I look for a plus 15 point win and lots of non-starter play.  

I am happy that was the case. I think the team will be better in conference for it. And had NT done just a bit better, they might have actually had the opportunity to get a much better seed were they to beat the conference or even for an at large had they done much better.

• Haha 1

Another slow star for a Mcasland coached team. We gotta figure this out soon. Conference play is going to be tougher than people think and we don’t look prepared. This is a game we should win by 40. I will take a win by 2, but we need to learn how to get hot early and hold it. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1