‘20 CB Michael Holmes - Camden Co GA

97and03

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Replacement for Kerl?

I believe Upton was replacement for Kerl. It is unfortunate about Kerl. He is a great football player. Hopefully he can go to Juco and get those grades up and come back next year. After watching Upton in State Championship this is a huge pick up for us and not a replacement. This kid is a baller and don’t let his size fool you. With him going up in January with Christian and Dane is also huge. Excited about this class. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I saw that and unfollowed. I don’t know why he would pick up any of those besides FAU over us. Something must’ve happened because I can’t see us not being in the top 5 over Alabama A&M.

Looking at his top 5, I would venture to guess that he probably has relatives in the Toledo area since BG and Toledo are both in the area. Secondly, Alcorn and Alabama A&M are two popular HBCUs and I think that probably played a big part in his decision. Now FAU, I am not sure about. However, if he chose Alcorn and Alabama A&M based on race, then maybe he chose FAU because the HC is African American. I am just spitballing here, but I am sure those were the conversations in his house. May not be politically correct, but sometimes it is that way. I could be totally wrong as well.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Venson said:

Looking at his top 5, I would venture to guess that he probably has relatives in the Toledo area since BG and Toledo are both in the area. Secondly, Alcorn and Alabama A&M are two popular HBCUs and I think that probably played a big part in his decision. Now FAU, I am not sure about. However, if he chose Alcorn and Alabama A&M based on race, then maybe he chose FAU because the HC is African American. I am just spitballing here, but I am sure those were the conversations in his house. May not be politically correct, but sometimes it is that way. I could be totally wrong as well.

Thanks, I hadn't looked at it from that angle.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:47 PM, UNTLifer said:

I would hope we are still after Rakestraw from Duncanville.  Young man shut down everyone he covered throughout the playoffs.

Whatever happened to that kid? I remember he changed his Twitter pick to the pick of his official visit here, once stated he was committing in a day, then never saw anything else from him... 

10 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Whatever happened to that kid? I remember he changed his Twitter pick to the pick of his official visit here, once stated he was committing in a day, then never saw anything else from him... 

He was a stud throughout the playoffs. Hope we are still on him. Honestly, we need to use our last few spots on linemen, both sides, but Rakestraw was special in the playoffs. 

On 12/29/2019 at 7:54 PM, UNTLifer said:

He was a stud throughout the playoffs. Hope we are still on him. Honestly, we need to use our last few spots on linemen, both sides, but Rakestraw was special in the playoffs. 

he was told we were full when he called to commit.  Also this is believed to be a fake offer posted by this young man. 

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Is this referring to Holmes or Rakestraw? @BillySee58

Holmes. The timing of the offer was suspect given that we seemed to be full on DBs already after Upton Stout committed/signed and we only have a few spots left. Of those spots there is very little chance any of them go to positions other than o-line, d-line, and QB. Plus we haven’t seen any offers go out since signing day. It seems the recruiting we have been doing has been of the stealth variety and not “yeah, go ahead and announce on twitter only to have FCS schools in your top 5 instead of us.”

• Lovely Take 1