Hogs Hire K. Briles

El Paso Eagle

Watch for Fayetteville fans to revolt at any moment and both attendance and donations will drop to an all time low. Those poor Hogs messed up good in the public perception game.

On a serious note, seems like a good hire for them and far and away better than the other candidate they were considering.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Per a source of mine who recently had a family member at Carrol,...the Dodge’s hate our guts.

Time heals all,...but I’ll be surprised if we ever sign a top recruit from Carrol or Westlake ever again?

Rick

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks Rick.

I feel like they should channel their hate toward RV as he is the one that hamstrung Todd Dodge. At the very least, Apogee was helped along by Dodge’s efforts. At most, it wouldn’t have happened if not for his connections and baby kissing.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Per a source of mine who recently had a family member at Carrol,...the Dodge’s hate our guts.

Time heals all,...but I’ll be surprised if we ever sign a top recruit from Carrol or Westlake ever again?

Rick

I could understand a little more if he had a decent record and was competitive and he was forced out. Additionally, maybe if he had not been so hell bent on bringing in a HS staff he might have fared better.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks Rick.

I feel like they should channel their hate toward RV as he is the one that hamstrung Todd Dodge. At the very least, Apogee was helped along by Dodge’s efforts. At most, it wouldn’t have happened if not for his connections and baby kissing.

Dodge hamstrung himself by bringing in his HS staff.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I could understand a little more if he had a decent record and was competitive and he was forced out. Additionally, maybe if he had not been so hell bent on bringing in a HS staff he might have fared better.

I guess it stems back to when they were at Carrol and heard nothing but worshiping and praise from most of those they were surrounded by.  They weren’t used to negative criticism.  If you ever had a conversation with Todd back in ‘07-‘08  he was extremely egotistical/confidant about his program and abilities.   79-1 could do that to most of us, regardless of the unfair, built-in advantages afforded him at Carrol.  I fully understand that.

But as time wore on and the horrible losses piled up and praise turned to criticism their family started hearing it, and they got defensive, naturally.

In year four in 2010 going into the Army game at West Point Dodge was 5 and 33.  The Mean Green faithful hadn’t seen more than two wins a season at home in 6 years dating back to Dickey’s ‘04 season and everyone was sick of the losing.  The alumni association had a pregame tailgating party set up for those who made the trip.  One of our biggest donors(at the time) and long time suffering fans had just welcomed a couple of West Point alumna who had walked up and they were all discussing the two teams.  At some point in the conversation our alumn stated something critical about how poorly we were currently playing.  When he said it he didn’t see Dodge’s wife Elizabeth walking behind him and she heard what he said and lost her $hit and let them all have an ear full and stormed off.  

When I learned of this incident I knew the end wasn’t far away.  Dodge was fired four weeks later.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Dodge hamstrung himself by bringing in his HS staff.

I thought someone on the board said he wanted to retain Kenny Evans and RV refused?

• Upvote 2