I don't think he was fully prepared to be a fbs head coach. He is an offensive and quarterback wizard, everyone knows that. The problem was he thought the high school directly to the college game and that isn't so. He learned very quickly that you can't outscheme fbs speed. He also learned that he needed to have a veteran college coach running things on the defensive side of the ball. I feel like we were poised for improvement in 2010 but the injury bug hit so hard that he never had a chance that season. You can look at the statistics and see that every year he mixed in more runs to help the defense out and it started working but it just didn't work quick enough.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

I don't think he was fully prepared to be a fbs head coach. He is an offensive and quarterback wizard, everyone knows that. The problem was he thought the high school directly to the college game and that isn't so. He learned very quickly that you can't outscheme fbs speed. He also learned that he needed to have a veteran college coach running things on the defensive side of the ball. I feel like we were poised for improvement in 2010 but the injury bug hit so hard that he never had a chance that season. You can look at the statistics and see that every year he mixed in more runs to help the defense out and it started working but it just didn't work quick enough.

Todd Dodge for Offensive Coordinator?

12 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Todd Dodge for Offensive Coordinator?

We could certainly do worse but I also think we could do better. Now Dodge for quarterback coach? I really don't think we could do better than that. (Don't worry, he'd never come here as just a qb coach)

On 12/21/2019 at 10:09 PM, shootermcgavin44 said:

Todd Dodge can coach as long as he’s coaching the best talent available.. There needs to be a UNT version 30 for 30 about what went wrong during his unt stint. 

FIFY.

Todd Dodge has never won as a head coach where for various cercumstances...he was not afforded a collection of All Star talent.  Not at Cameron, not at Newman,, not at Fossil Ridge, not at North Texas and not at Marble Falls.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 2
  • Eye Roll 2

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity. Todd Dodge was handed an outstanding opportunity at North Texas and pissed it away.

He exhibited no sense of urgency, was distracted by self promotion and Under Armour contracts, and quickly found himself in a hole from which he couldn't dig himself out.

In the meantime he flatlined our football program and deprived his only son of having a valuable collegiate experience.

All because of his own personal vanity.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2