FAU VS SMU Bowl Game

Harry

2 hours ago, Venson said:

I am a little conflicted about how this game turned out. On one hand, I am glad SMU was humbled by a CUSA team. However, on the other hand, it just makes FAU look like they are miles ahead of us in this conference for a team that has only been playing football since 2001. This is their 19th year of playing football and they are already doing what we can't. There is no reason that we should not be dominating them year in and year out.

Beat them the most recent game (2018)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Venson said:

I am a little conflicted about how this game turned out. On one hand, I am glad SMU was humbled by a CUSA team. However, on the other hand, it just makes FAU look like they are miles ahead of us in this conference for a team that has only been playing football since 2001. This is their 19th year of playing football and they are already doing what we can't. There is no reason that we should not be dominating them year in and year out.

It’s the football equivalent of teaming up with Stalin to defeat the Nazis. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Pulling for FAU but I think SMU will beat them pretty handily.  Gotta admit it hurts watching SMU and FAU bowling while we sit at home...

Not at all surprised by the FAU beat down , smu was so overrated this year. But still gotta hand it to Dykes, took a non-fan supported bottom feeder to a fun winning season. I doubt the good year will improve smu fan support or attendance. Dallas area just doesn’t care about smu,  really never have except during the ongoing cheating years.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, cogido said:

Not at all surprised by the FAU beat down , smu was so overrated this year. But still gotta hand it to Dykes, took a non-fan supported bottom feeder to a fun winning season. I doubt the good year will improve smu fan support or attendance. Dallas area just doesn’t care about smu,  really never have except during the ongoing cheating years.

You are right. But, to be fair, they do not care for us either. Fans in the North Texas region are too much like Alabama fans. Meaning they are too busy cheering for a school and team in Austin that none of them ever attended.

• Upvote 3

On 12/21/2019 at 7:11 PM, Venson said:

I am a little conflicted about how this game turned out. On one hand, I am glad SMU was humbled by a CUSA team. However, on the other hand, it just makes FAU look like they are miles ahead of us in this conference for a team that has only been playing football since 2001. 

I think getting our asses handed to us TWICE by FAU in 2017 for a grand total of 110-48, in Mason Fines BEST statistical year

Mason Fine career Passing Stats

Year Team G Cmp Att Comp % Yds Yd/A TDs Int Sacked Yds
2016 NorTx  10 155 261 59.4 1572 6.0 6 5 36 243
2017 NorTx  14 324 511 63.4 4052 7.9 31 15 39 289
2018 NorTx  13 303 469 64.6 3793 8.1 27 5 24 183
2019 NorTx  12 257 414 62.1 3088 7.5 29 9 26 178
Career   49 1039 1655 62.8 12505 7.6 93 34 125 893

is a much better example of FAU being miles ahead of us than them beating SMU.

This is their 19th year of playing football and they are already doing what we can't. There is no reason that we should not be dominating them year in and year out.

Let's see, haven't we had this conversation already about Boise St., South Florida, and to a certain extent UTSA?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I know FAU seems miles ahead of us, but I can’t help but hope we can still leapfrog them and nearly all of G5 if we just get our shit together.

i feel like we are soooo close but there has always been one or two bad hires/things in the entire program  holding us back.

Historically our administration and our culture have been the main impediments. Keep in mind that fund raising at North Texas didn't get started until C.C. "Jitter" Nolan was hired. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1