Nice night at the NorTex Fair at UNT

redallover

I went to UNT last night from Dallas. First of all, the traffic getting up there was horrendous. It took 80+ minutes to get from NW Hwy the tollway area. I went up 35 the whole way from NW Hwy. Is there an easier route? Maybe I could've taken the tollway up quite a ways.

Anyway, I was really impressed by the bball arena, where the college night forums were held. You have a nice arena, nice looking floor and not a bad seat in the house. I really like all the green.

As host, UNT had something like 8 tables set up for themselves vs. one for the other schools. Again, good move. The university also held a wine and cheese reception in the Gateway Center with some jazz musicians afterwards. I went to Plano East on Tuesday night and this was much better because each school had a lot more room to work with. Eat'em Up!

BTW, does UNT have any parking garages on campus? Just curious.

There really isn't a fast way to get to Denton at rush hour.

The fastest way from NW Hwy and the tollway would be to take the tollway north to George Bush Turnpike and exit west. Exit at 35-E to go north (currently that's the end of the GBT) that will put you in north Carrollton. The trip up 35-E from there should be 20-45 minutes, depending on traffic.

There is only one parking garage on campus, at present. It is located east of the Union building on Welch, between Chestnut and Prairie. There are plans within the next few years to add four more, including two between the Coliseum (Super Pit) and Fouts Field.

BTW, does UNT have any parking garages on campus?  Just curious.

$$$$$$$ - the current garage doesn't even pay for itself, so we can't afford to put up other ones. Garage construction is expensive. Parking is more of a convenience issue (of which I am also guilty) rather than a need issue. There is parking (Fouts, with shuttle service), but that isn't where people want to go.