OC wish list

Cr1028

On 12/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, TheReal_jayD said:

My pick for OC is Tim Beck. He check a lot of boxes.

Seth Connection- Check. Was with Mangino at Kansas. Was with Ed Warinner at Ohio State and Kansas.

Play Calling Experience- Check. Has called plays at Nebraska, Ohio State and Texas

Success - Check. He has has offensive success at every stop. If you watched Texas this year offense wasn't the problem.

TXHSFB connection - Check. He has spent over half a decade as a TXHSFB head coach

Why would he come to North Texas? To get out of the dumpster fire that is currently UT football. He and Orlando were the scapegoats for the season that was on the 40 acres. His contract runs out after Texas bowl game. He has been removed a play caller. I believe coaches are prideful creatures and he would rather have an OC job than take demotion as QB coach. Even thought we are down on Seth at the moment I still believe in the NCAA coaching community Seth is still viewed as a rising star and on the up and coming. Tim could turn the OC job into another P5 OC job or potentially a HC job. 

Coaching Career

1988–1989 Miramar HS (FL) (assistant)
1990 Illinois State (LB/P)
1991–1992 Kansas State (GA)
1993–1995 Saguaro HS (AZ)
1996–1997 Missouri State (assistant)
1998 Missouri State (OC)
1999–2001 R. L. Turner HS (TX)
2002–2004 ) Mansfield Summit HS (TX)
2005–2006 Kansas (WR)
2007 Kansas (WR/PGC)
2008–2010 Nebraska (RB)
2011–2014 Nebraska (OC/QB)
2015–2016 Ohio State (co-OC/QB)
2017–2019 Texas (OC/QB)
2019–present Texas (QB)

Welp back to the drawing board

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Since Air Force and Navy both just completed 11-2 season’s maybe go a little outside-the-box approach to success and go after one of their assistants?

https://goairforcefalcons.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/ben-miller/691

Rick

I don't think their offensive systems match what Littrell is going to run.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

Wtf are we doing... we take forever to hire people. Recruiting is still happening and the OC matters. Also most help needs to be the line and cant hire their replacements until the OC

I read somewhere that we are waiting for the bowl season is over, and it was posted as if it was the wise thing to do?

Then why are so others (TCU, FAU) not waiting?

Makes me wonder if we zeroed in on a preferred guy and are just waiting for the right moment, which also makes me think we didn't consider other options.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, greenminer said:

I read somewhere that we are waiting for the bowl season is over, and it was posted as if it was the wise thing to do?

Then why are so others (TCU, FAU) not waiting?

Makes me wonder if we zeroed in on a preferred guy and are just waiting for the right moment, which also makes me think we didn't consider other options.

I really HOPE that the reason we havent heard anything is bc they already know who they are getting and are letting them finish out what they need to do at their current school.

Now that early signing is over... this needs to be priority number one to me. 

Want to make your on the fence fans jump off the wrong side... keep us in the dark on this and drag your feet.

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

I really HOPE that the reason we havent heard anything is bc they already know who they are getting and are letting them finish out what they need to do at their current school.

Unless.......

Unless @TheReal_jayD knows the program will not Skip a beat regardless of if we wait on an OC

• Skeptical Eagle 2

3 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

We're going to let Cobbs be OC and run a combination of the old buick (Dickey) and wildcat (2008 Dolphins) offense. Think about it. We don't have a qb, but do have some talented RBs and WRs. It all makes sense now.

How do we know we don't have a qb, didn't see our backup guys play much but I am not sold on Bean as the starting qb at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1