OC wish list

Cr1028

We had a candidate list of about 12 for DCs on the other thread but not really for OCs. Lets see what we can put together for OC.

Top of my list is easily this guy. He knows oline and he was the OC/QB coach when KU won the Orange Bowl and Reesing was QB. Also was Urban Meyer's co-OC with wonderboy Herman at OSU until Herman left for Texas and then he took over the solo OC duties. Was on staff with Seth for 2 of Seth's 3 years at KU.

Edited by Cr1028

Just now, MeanGreen2019 said:

I dig this, don’t know if it’s feasible though

He was an "analyst" at UT last year, but he's said he wants to find another HC gig. 
I would think in order to do that, he'll need to keep himself relevant... and what better way to do that than take on an offense that most feel had a down year last season, and bring it back into prominence?  Pay will be pretty good here, and he can reunite with his OC that provided him his best years at North Carolina.

• Upvote 1

With Seth, Bowen and Baby Mangino here now... Doesn't it make too much sense to bring in the big guy out of retirement? We can surely do a lot worse. His brief stint at Iowa State was chocked-full of issues with the direction of the program with the head coach Paul Rhoads... But his relationship with Seth is surely far more intact. He's in his young sixties and has lost a lot of weight. I think this guy needs one more crack at it

7 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He was an "analyst" at UT last year, but he's said he wants to find another HC gig. 
I would think in order to do that, he'll need to keep himself relevant... and what better way to do that than take on an offense that most feel had a down year last season, and bring it back into prominence?  Pay will be pretty good here, and he can reunite with his OC that provided him his best years at North Carolina.

My concern about hiring an analyst from the University of Texas is that if we do it’ll be David Beaty and I will be disappointed.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, All About UNT said:

With Seth, Bowen and Baby Mangino here now... Doesn't it make too much sense to bring in the big guy out of retirement? We can surely do a lot worse. His brief stint at Iowa State was chocked-full of issues with the direction of the program with the head coach Paul Rhoads... But his relationship with Seth is surely far more intact. He's in his young sixties and has lost a lot of weight. I think this guy needs one more crack at it

D5FCB290-E3A9-4339-B9C9-D3BFD23A0193.gif

• Upvote 3