New Defensive Coordinator Clint Bowen

Can't say I know too much about him. KU's losses this year mainly fell on the defense not being able to hang in a game or hold the lead late in the game (ie. Texas game), and the defense was often a liability to a rather stalwart offense. Other Jayhawk fans don't appear too worried about him leaving other than the fact that he is a lifelong Jayhawk born in Lawrence

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Can't say I know too much about him. KU's losses this year mainly fell on the defense not being able to hang in a game or hold the lead late in the game (ie. Texas game), and the defense was often a liability to a rather stalwart offense. Other Jayhawk fans don't appear too worried about him leaving other than the fact that he is a lifelong Jayhawk born in Lawrence

Can't ever remember saying that KU defense is stout... Seth made another bad hire 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

Just now, p_phelps said:

Nope not buying. Seth is hiring his buddies. I'm so disappointed. A year ago I thought this program was going to finally take the step. Nope

well that would explain why he is keeping Langston who's Oline has been bad to terrible the past few seasons. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I remember him being here and people were upset that he was leaving to head back to KU.  I know he is not one of the flashy names that is on the market, but he is well respected and deserves a chance to implement his system and improve our defense before people start bad mouthing this hire.  KU isn't an easy place to be successful in football but he was on the staff when they did have a few moments of success under Mangino and Mason.  Welcome back to Denton Coach Bowen.

Agreed

From the article:

"Clint will do an outstanding job as UNT's new defensive coordinator,” the former KU head coach [Mangino] predicted. “He is an exceptional teacher of fundamentals and schemes and does it with with a tireless work ethic. He played a key role in our success at Kansas and is also an intense recruiter that knows how to build relationships. Clint and his wonderful family will be a positive addition to the Mean Green family.”

Now just bring in Mangino and get this train rolling. That chemistry they already have from the most successful portion of KU football history would really help this team hit the ground running

• Upvote 5