Arkansas Pine Bluff (12/21/19)

CMJ

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

we better win the next two our we are in deep s#It.  WKU handed Ark their first loss. It will be a tough game for us for sure and we are on the road.  

Of course we are.  WKU never plays in Denton.  In fact, I think that was part of their agreement in joining CUSA.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, southsideguy said:

When a big crowd shows for a game it seems the team doesn't show up. One day we will get that big win and turn this think around.  

From what I remember, our basketball team typically wins with big home crowds.

In games where we've had 6K+ at the Super Pit in the last couple of decades, I think we've usually won (Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, San Francisco, etc).

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Everyone scored!    I though the crowd was decent or school being out.   I am wondering why I pay the mean green scholarship fund when the the people who are sitting next to me are not season ticket holders and move around my seat depending on who shows up.  I think at least the first 10 rows she be limited to season ticket holders.  I see no benefits in holding season tickets at the current time.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

I feel really good about this team heading into conference play. I think Mccasland has a pretty good handle on the rotation, the depth on this team is much better than last year. We have legit scoring options off the bench for pretty much the first time under Mccasland. 

Last year we struggled separating from teams like Pine Bluff, and it was concerning. Only beat them by 11 last year, a bad Maine team took us to OT, only beat Saint Peter’s by 9, and needed a miraculous comeback to beat UTA by 2 at home. That was a big red flag heading into conference play and helped make sense of the collapse. This year we are playing at a higher level than we did at any point last year.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Everyone scored!    I though the crowd was decent or school being out.   I am wondering why I pay the mean green scholarship fund when the the people who are sitting next to me are not season ticket holders and move around my seat depending on who shows up.  I think at least the first 10 rows she be limited to season ticket holders.  I see no benefits in holding season tickets at the current time.

This wasn’t a problem before Wren.