Kaedric Cobbs

Charlie NT 73

On 12/22/2019 at 9:54 AM, UNT18Grad said:

My guess for lack of interest would be he's not "fast", outside of that he has D1 size, amazing in the classroom, and the results speak for themselves.  I'm truly baffled we haven't offered, yet meanwhile we are going to have 8 tight ends next year...

Kaedric was clocked at a 4.52 FAT at the rival camp and a 4.63 FAT at the opening regional finals.  I've heard he wants to play college ball close to home.  

• Class Valedictorian
  • 5.0 GPA
  • 4.59 (average) 40yds at 5'10 210
  • 500 squat     325 bench   330 Power Clean   39inch vertical

not offering him doesnt make sense

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

Seeing as how the best RB in school history is currently our RB coach and we hired him from a Denton ISD school so he'd be well aware of Kaedric, I'm going to assume there's a reason. Maybe it's depth, maybe something else. But I trust PC.

This. Maybe he goes to UTSA and does well; great for him.

I just wonder what UTSA, Houston, and SMU and others know about this Denton Guyer product that we don't know. 

It seems to me, with the talent that surrounds North Texas, we could limit our recruiting to Denton county and put together a good team.

There seems to be a prejudice against Denton ISD players.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I just wonder what UTSA, Houston, and SMU and others know about this Denton Guyer product that we don't know. 

It seems to me, with the talent that surrounds North Texas, we could limit our recruiting to Denton county and put together a good team.

GO MEAN GREEN

He says it's his first FBS offer  .. Did SMU and Houston offer since yesterday?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

Houston and smuT?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Maybe because our RB room is loaded? Don't get me wrong I'd love to have him, but he might be 5th on the depth chart...

Denton Guyer puts out a lot of talent.  We always get upset when a top Denton recruits goes somewhere else, well you have to start building a pipeline somehow.  He is beloved in that locker room, he could help recruit in there for years. 

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

He says it's his first FBS offer  .. Did SMU and Houston offer since yesterday?

24/7 says he has offers from AF and Army.  

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Denton Guyer puts out a lot of talent.  We always get upset when a top Denton recruits goes somewhere else, well you have to start building a pipeline somehow.  He is beloved in that locker room, he could help recruit in there for years. 

I don’t fault Littrell at all for not trying to build a “pipeline.”

Typically, when UNT coaches try to build a pipeline at any local school, there becomes an impasse when the high school coach wants his top guys to go to the most high profile school that they can (usually) and the UNT coach wants the best players from that school. Then the high school coach is trying to convince the UNT coach to offer his second/third tier players who the UNT coach does not want to offer. Then the High School coach gets upset that UNT won’t offer those guys and the UNT coach gets frustrated that the coach is only trying to work with him on the players he doesn’t want.

Cobbs seems to be a good fit as a prospect here, but Coach Littrell seemingly doesn’t think so. If not offering Cobbs comes back to bite him, it will be because Cobbs is a good player who we could’ve used. Not because offering him would’ve led to more Guyer recruits, imo.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Maybe because our RB room is loaded? Don't get me wrong I'd love to have him, but he might be 5th on the depth chart...

You have to look ahead, we have 3 seniors at RB next year and 1 junior.  Since we lost Wilson we have had a bit of a revolving door with playing time and carries, so I think it's safe to say we can never have enough RB.  I feel very comfortable with Adaway and Siggers after this upcoming season but soon we will have 3 scholarship backs and we will hope to bring in a 4th in the 2021 class.  We are currently struggling to find a QB for this class so there are never any guarantees.  When there is a talented local kid who checks every possible box and who would probably love to play here it seems like a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I don’t fault Littrell at all for not trying to build a “pipeline.”

Typically, when UNT coaches try to build a pipeline at any local school, there becomes an impasse when the high school coach wants his top guys to go to the most high profile school that they can (usually) and the UNT coach wants the best players from that school. Then the high school coach is trying to convince the UNT coach to offer his second/third tier players who the UNT coach does not want to offer. Then the High School coach gets upset that UNT won’t offer those guys and the UNT coach gets frustrated that the coach is only trying to work with him on the players he doesn’t want.

Cobbs seems to be a good fit as a prospect here, but Coach Littrell seemingly doesn’t think so. If not offering Cobbs comes back to bite him, it will be because Cobbs is a good player who we could’ve used. Not because offering him would’ve led to more Guyer recruits, imo.

I feel like this is especially true of Walsh.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

You have to look ahead, we have 3 seniors at RB next year and 1 junior.  Since we lost Wilson we have had a bit of a revolving door with playing time and carries, so I think it's safe to say we can never have enough RB.  I feel very comfortable with Adaway and Siggers after this upcoming season but soon we will have 3 scholarship backs and we will hope to bring in a 4th in the 2021 class.  We are currently struggling to find a QB for this class so there are never any guarantees.  When there is a talented local kid who checks every possible box and who would probably love to play here it seems like a no brainer.

This. Not sure what is holding them back from offering him or another talented RB. We tried to take two last year and lost one late. Seems we would sign a second RB this year given the top heavy nature of the position group. Maybe he is too slow or grades or something, but another back should be an option in this class (unless they have a handful of amazing grad transfers lined up especially at DT.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I feel like this is especially true of Walsh.

Never thought about this the way Billy put it. Unfortunate if that’s the game some HS coaches play.  A not-subtle-at-all way of playing the recruiting game and, in a way, reenforcing what @FirefightnRick talks about a lot: these top tier programs want kids to have a reason to move to their program.