Kaedric Cobbs

Charlie NT 73

Kaedric Cobbs from Denton Guyer High School, was listed on the DMN Top 100 area players list. Cobbs comes in at # 100.

Schools of interest are Tulane, Navy, Air Force, ACU, and other schools.

Cobbs ran for 212 yards and 4 TD’s against Spring Westfield High School in Guyer’s 35-17 win in the 6A semi final game to the state championship!

I hope Cobbs can get a scholarship offer from the North Texas coaching staff! I would like to see Cobbs with the Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Kaedric Cobbs from Denton Guyer High School, was listed on the DMN Top 100 area players list. Cobbs comes in at # 100.

Schools of interest are Tulane, Navy, Air Force, ACU, and other schools.

Cobbs ran for 212 yards and 4 TD’s against Spring Westfield High School in Guyer’s 35-17 win in the 6A semi final game to the state championship!

I hope Cobbs can get a scholarship offer from the North Texas coaching staff! I would like to see Cobbs with the Mean Green!

He would fit in great here

Spring Westfield entered the game with one of the best defenses in 6A only giving up 9.6 points per game, and Galena Park North Shore, playing in the other 6A title game against Duncanville, was the only other team to beat them, 24-21.  Guyer beat them handily and road Cobbs the entire game.  By the way, I think Cobbs is also the class valedictorian.  I could be wrong, but it is either Cobbs or the QB Eli Stowers.

Another area we should be looking at is Guyer's OL.  They have some big boys up front.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Another area we should be looking at is Guyer's OL.  They have some big boys up front.

Scattershooting....

I know it seems elementary, but if I were assigned to recruit a certain area, I would look for the top rushing attacks in my region (total rushing offenses and top performing RBs), then look at film of all those respective O-lines.  That would be priority number 1A

Priority 1B would be looking at the DL in my region.
Priority 2 = QBs,
3 = LBs/TEs
4 =  skill positions.

Obviously there would be some wiggle room to re-evaluate a player's prioritybased on exceptional ability and/or interest in my school, but that is how I speculate I'd start laying out a recruiting game plan.

I wonder how it's actually done.

44 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Scattershooting....

I know it seems elementary, but if I were assigned to recruit a certain area, I would look for the top rushing attacks in my region (total rushing offenses and top performing RBs), then look at film of all those respective O-lines.  That would be priority number 1A

Priority 1B would be looking at the DL in my region.
Priority 2 = QBs,
3 = LBs/TEs
4 =  skill positions.

Obviously there would be some wiggle room to re-evaluate a player's priority based on exceptional ability and/or interest in my school, but that is how I speculate I'd start laying out a recruiting game plan.

I wonder how it's actually done.

Looks good. We have seen what can happen to a very good QB when the line is not protecting. 

My suspicion as to why we have not offered yet is the fact that he is not that fast, we have a pretty good stable of running backs, and watching the one game that Adaway played in, we are in pretty good hands at that position. I think their focus is getting O-line guys with those last few scholarships. Unless this kid is a 2021 signee, I do not see us offering.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, Marty said:

And why are we not interested in Cobbs? 168 rushing yards in the loss to Westlake tonight. 0 other offensive weapons with Stowers out.

This is a GREAT question.  It makes so little sense why we wouldn't be all over this kid.  Not only is he one of the best RB's stats wise, I believe he is #1 in his class academically.  

On 12/22/2019 at 9:43 PM, Venson said:

My suspicion as to why we have not offered yet is the fact that he is not that fast, we have a pretty good stable of running backs, and watching the one game that Adaway played in, we are in pretty good hands at that position. I think their focus is getting O-line guys with those last few scholarships. Unless this kid is a 2021 signee, I do not see us offering.

So we need to recruit 3 TE's this year?  We might be good at RB but I don't think you pass on a kid like this in your own backyard.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

So we need to recruit 3 TE's this year?  We might be good at RB but I don't think you pass on a kid like this in your own backyard.

I think he is a good kid as well, but if you see our offer list, we only offered one running back. I think the TEs are for the purpose of depth. Aberding will be a RS Freshman and Pirtle will be a RS Senior. Other than that, we have no TEs. 24/7 list Shorter as a TE, but we all know he is not. The JUCO kid should come in as a Jr. That makes three TEs that will be on the active roster. My guess is they try to RS the other two TEs. Once Pirtle is gone that will leave two on the roster with experience and then two who will be RS Freshmen. I am guessing that is their thought process and the fact that SL wants to get TEs more involved. I do agree with you by saying sometimes you have to pick a good player in your own backyard. Especially if you want to make in roads into a school in your backyard that constantly churns out D1 prospects instead of them going elsewhere.

• Upvote 1