GH Signs Multi Year Extension at USC

El Paso Eagle

7 hours ago, untbowler said:

wow nice salary at $1.2 for an OC, hope he has a job after next year when Helton gets canned. 

If they do 2 games better than this season and win the conference, it is quite possible they keep him. It could happen too. Imagine they would not have had to go to the third string QB this season. The only thing USC fans dont like about GH is that he might have kept Helton on the job almost singlehandedly.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

Do you guys think that a similar type of refusal to give up full control is hurting our OC candidate pool and search?

Questions:

Do we know that SL isn't giving up control?

Do we know if our OC candidate pool and search are hurting in any way?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Luigi said:

Yep. Though that tends to be the case for a lot of offensive minded coaches, some more than others. Though the top tier ones like Urban Meyer for example only intervenes when he feels he has to overrule a certain call. Thats why so many of his coordinators have gone on to be head coaches.

image.jpeg.b841b7eed6c33bb55010a3d131101e56.jpeg

• Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

Apparently the fact that Herman would not give up full control of the offense was a factor in GH spurning Texas.

This sounds like internet rumor to me. He came up with Leach. Do you think Leach gives up full control of his offense?

5 hours ago, Luigi said:

Though the top tier ones like Urban Meyer for example only intervenes when he feels he has to overrule a certain call. Thats why so many of his coordinators have gone on to be head coaches.

I don't believe for one second that the Nick Sabans and Urban Meyers of the world only rarely intervene.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, greenminer said:

Source?

Many of the guys who closely follow Texas were saying this on Twitter yesterday when it became official they weren't getting GH, I personally don't have a direct source but when multiple people who typically have a good beat on Texas football are saying the same thing you can assume there is at least some truth. 

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Questions:

Do we know that SL isn't giving up control?

Do we know if our OC candidate pool and search are hurting in any way?

I don't know the answer to either of those questions which is why I asked.  You basically took the questions I asked and reworded them.  I heard that was a factor for GH and imagined that certain OC's may not want to work or even consider working at a place where the HC has that type of mentality so I was curious if we may have something similar with our coach.

5 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

This sounds like internet rumor to me. He came up with Leach. Do you think Leach gives up full control of his offense?

I don't believe for one second that the Nick Sabans and Urban Meyers of the world only rarely intervene.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but Leach has never had an OC at WSU (that I could find) so giving up control isn't even an option.

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT18Grad said:

Many of the guys who closely follow Texas were saying this on Twitter yesterday when it became official they weren't getting GH, I personally don't have a direct source but when multiple people who typically have a good beat on Texas football are saying the same thing you can assume there is at least some truth.

Thanks.  I would like to see the Twitter accounts.

Edited by greenminer