Ligon de-commits

Cerebus

9 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Man that's pretty low life to influence a kid like that. A HC in HS is a big advisory figure for these kids and this smells fishy

Traylor is a low life. Remember how he was SMU's interim head coach and then bailed on them before the bowl game because they wouldn't make him head coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jtm0097 said:

Traylor is a low life. Remember how he was SMU's interim head coach and then bailed on them before the bowl game because they wouldn't make him head coach.

No no no we want lowlifes here so we can win! Don’t be a Debbie Downer!

blazing saddles GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Screenshot_20191215-150843_Chrome.jpg

So you want me to congratulate you for predicting that a NT commit would flip to another school after his coach’s brother unforeseeably was hired by a rival school after getting fired for being part of a shitty staff that lost to NT? 

No that isn’t going to happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, 97and03 said:

So you want me to congratulate you for predicting that a NT commit would flip to another school after his coach’s brother unforeseeably was hired by a rival school after getting fired for being part of a shitty staff that lost to NT? 

No that isn’t going to happen.

Thanks, I’ll take it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Nether recruit NT has lost are likely to be missed.

Both left because of connections to other school's coaching staffs. 

Both are going to conference mates with IMO a lot less to offer.  UTSA is way down in facilities.   The state of Florida has a lot going for it, and FAU has had a lot of success; but still little support. 

It is up to the NT coaching staff to just find better prospects.  It also opens up slots for potential transfers.  

UTSA and FAU are reaping the benefits of a coaching change.   If I were NT, I would look at the commits of these two schools and see if if there are any that NT might covet committed by the previous staff.    UTSA would be particularly vulnerable, but there are probably few on their list that NT would be interested in. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I dislike losing commits as much as everyone else, but these last two have pretty rational explanations, don’t they? 

There is no rationale at all for de-committing from North Texas to go to that glorified JUCO. This might be the clowniest decision I have ever seen but, we only want people that want to be here

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

There is no rationale at all for de-committing from North Texas to go to that glorified JUCO. This might be the clowniest decision I have ever seen but, we only want people that want to be here

I’m talking about the relationships and locations of the last two in particular. Kids can make bad decisions for explainable reasons. 

Edit: to the extent it’s even a bad decision. Maybe playing in FL was important to Dempsey. I believe someone said Ligon has a brother at UTSA. Maybe playing together is important enough to him to go to a lesser school. I don’t think these last two are an indictment of the health of our program. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1