Juco DT Decommits less than a week later.

TheReal_jayD

Just now, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Someone must be in his ear. Willie Taggert already on the prowl? We'll see what happens

Likely someone wants him to visit this weekend but they won't fly him and pay to put him up if he's committed somewhere... so he decommits so he can go and see what his options are.    I believe him when he says we're still in his top 3.   

These guys have to play the game.  We just need coach Yellock to stay on him.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Likely someone wants him to visit this weekend but they won't fly him and pay to put him up if he's committed somewhere... so he decommits so he can go and see what his options are.    I believe him when he says we're still in his top 3.   

These guys have to play the game.  We just need coach Yellock to stay on him.

Makes sense to me. We are definitely playing the game now. At least we are at the point of having commits other schools want to poach based on quality. Seems a lot of other schools follow our offers and commits very closely waiting for their moment to strike. We must be doing something right 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Makes sense to me. We are definitely playing the game now. At least we are at the point of having commits other schools want to poach based on quality. Seems a lot of other schools follow our offers and commits very closely waiting for their moment to strike. We must be doing something right 

Yea we are doing it for free! GMG 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Very good point Hooligan.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Then who is our back up plan because we need a couple DT’s?  Tired of the word “committed.”  Half of these kids have no idea what that word means. 

steve carell thank you GIF by EditingAndLayout

I don't understand why people commit so early (Renfro) and leave, or when you "commit" and back out days later. They need to have a football commitment class lol

Also, you don't see basketball recruits doing this...

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

A commitment means nothing to any of these kids. And when the kids commit its just on a whim. It's great these kids are showing some interest in NT just let me know who signs early or late then we can talk about the future of NT football. BV told me once that these young men are allowed to change there minds all they way up to signing day...ok. Guess I'm to old...I felt once you commit YOUR committed ...but no.

Commitment and responsibility.....hmmmm kind go to gather.

• Lovely Take 3
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, greenminer said:

I'm guessing it happens, we just don't see it as often because the recruiting and roster turnover is nothing compared to the monstrous size of a college football roster.

Maybe but I keep up with CBB recruiting a lot, and I have never seen someone commit and then leave shortly after

• Upvote 1

I know choosing college is a big decision, and they need to take their time, but don't commit until you are sure. Take all your visits, explore your options, but do that before you make your commitment. 

It's just like getting engaged, then breaking off the engagement to date around. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

So where do we go from here? This guy committing had me feeling like this would at least be an average CUSA unit starting him, McCrae, Novil and Leblanc with little depth behind them. We can not sign JUCO players like Sa'afi and McMilllan again who were just bodies. The only JUCO OL player it looks like we're going to sign has no other FBS offers and I am no expert but for someone who plays LT some really slow feet. The other JUCO OL we are after is from right in our backyard, we didn't offer him out of high school, and 4 days from signing day still hasn't committed. I don't want to go all doom and gloom over one player who might not even pan out deciding not to come here but this is a position of need, this hurts. We still need JUCO defensive lineman but we'll have to find good ones who can sign in February and get here in the fall which has burned us multiple times in the past. Hopefully we hear something before Wednesday.