Dayton (12/17/19)

Shark84

Just now, UNTFan23 said:

Kntu is blocked from streaming mens basketball and football. You have to steam the game through the Mean Green TuneIn feed for the respective sport.

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Thanks, listening to their announcers apparently Dayton never fouls. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, BillySee58 said:

Good effort. Actually made shots in the second half. Just really need to work on fighting defensive pressure and inbounding. Way too easy for Dayton to force turnovers when pressing and off our inbounds.

Had about 5 turnovers from inbouding. 19 overall

Onto UAPB

• Downvote 1

We held Dayton to their lowest scoring output so far this season... despite 19 turnovers.  We seem to be doing that to a lot of teams so far.

I think part of that can be chalked up to Mac’s slow-developing offense, taking a lot of time off the clock, and with it, Dayton’s scoring opportunities.

But I think a greater part is that this team likes to get after it on defense.  Looking forward to conference play & a strong run at the Star in early March.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We held Dayton to their lowest scoring output so far this season... despite 19 turnovers.  We seem to be doing that to a lot of teams so far.

I think part of that can be chalked up to Mac’s slow-developing offense, taking a lot of time off the clock, and with it, Dayton’s scoring opportunities.

But I think a greater part is that this team likes to get after it on defense.  Looking forward to conference play & a strong run at the Star in early March.

We have held every team I think (minus OU) to their lowest scoring game

• Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Is Dayton a program we can/should aspire to model ourselves after? Asking, not just because of ranking, but I know very little about their culture, history, location, recruiting, etc...

Probably should but we haven’t. Couldn’t even tell you where Dayton is. You’re definitely not the first person to say that and it’s frustrating that you bring it up like no one has thought about that before because you’re not.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. Playing hard is eventually going to turn into meaningful wins. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Probably should but we haven’t. Couldn’t even tell you where Dayton is. You’re definitely not the first person to say that and it’s frustrating that you bring it up like no one has thought about that before because you’re not.  

Dayton has literally been nationally relevant for decades.  They're not some fly by night success story.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Kntu is blocked from streaming mens basketball and football. You have to stream the game through the Mean Green TuneIn feed for the respective sport.

Below is the Twitter thread explaining why Men's Basketball and Football are not allowed to be streamed through KNTU and KHYI internet streams. The gist of it is that Learfield entered into an agreement with TuneIn to stream all its member institution games. OTA stations needed to set up geofencing for their streaming otherwise not stream any games. In NT's case, the stations opted to not stream the games. Women's Basketball is different because I guess the games are produced by KNTU and not Learfield.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Caught the 2nd half on espn+, and was very surprised to see UNT as close as they were late in the 2nd.  I have always been a big college basketball fan, and though graduating from UNT, I never really followed their program.  Dayton has a very well known program, easily in the top 25 going back 30+ years, and their building is almost always full.  If UNT can build on this, then they can do some damage in conference play.  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/17/2019 at 11:03 PM, CMJ said:

Dayton has literally been nationally relevant for decades.  They're not some fly by night success story.

What part of my statement “we should aspire to be like Dayton but we haven’t” did you not understand?  

• Eye Roll 1

On 12/17/2019 at 11:03 PM, CMJ said:

“Probably should but we haven’t” is me saying they’re a quality program CMJ. You’re saying the same thing I’m saying. You’re opinion don’t mean crap since you thought Mitchell Robinson was going to be a star coming out of WKU. So move along with your BS.  

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1