JETT DUFFY IN TRANSFER PORTAL

Uncle

42 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Surely he's trying to upgrade (in his view) his position.  He has already been a starter at Texas Tech and he'll get a fair crack at keeping the starting job this spring.  I really don't see him coming to UNT.

Or maybe he wants more of a guarantee than just a fair crack. Bowman has won out over him two years in a row under both of their last two coaching staffs. He probably wants more of a guarantee that he will be on the field his last year than risk backing up Bowman all year.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Is he really that good though? Honest question.  I didn't see him play this year 

Oh yes.

IIRC, he didn't commit to Tech until later in the process, and we recruited him pretty hard.    Not sure who his regional coach was that did the original recruiting at the time, but if I'm not mistaken, I think coach Mainord has that Collin County area... if so, we should have a good relationship with him already.

Definitely worth a shot!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh yes.

IIRC, he didn't commit to Tech until later in the process, and we recruited him pretty hard.    Not sure who his regional coach was that did the original recruiting at the time, but if I'm not mistaken, I think coach Mainord has that Collin County area... if so, we should have a good relationship with him already.

Definitely worth a shot!

Don’t forget about his successor at Mansfield Lake Ridge, one Jason Bean.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh yes.

Definitely worth a shot!

I don’t think we recruited him at all. He signed with Tech right after Littrell was hired and had been committed to them for months. I know some on this board had suggested that we recruit him but I don’t think there was ever time or an opportunity to do so.

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I don’t think we recruited him at all. He signed with Tech right after Littrell was hired and had been committed to them for months. I know some on this board had suggested that we recruit him but I don’t think there was ever time or an opportunity to do so.

image.png.8d87ea76092032c107b0bdbe3dc6797d.png

image.png.36f067a9aa586c38f8da555555dcadf6.png

Edited by El Paso Eagle