Spot the difference

TheReal_jayD

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

But Starkel wasn’t committed to us for several months before backing out.  He was never committed at all.  No need to bash that guy.

1 minute ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Kind of a shitty thing to say

I know Starkel was never committed to us. He only committed to the Aggies. We were just an also ran. I wasn’t bashing the guy. I was just pointing out that he had the chance to come play close to home, perhaps dominate CUSA and instead he has had a difficult stretch in the SEC and I sarcastically said I wish the same on Renfro.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

I know Starkel was never committed to us. He only committed to the Aggies. We were just an also ran. I wasn’t bashing the guy. I was just pointing out that he had the chance to come play close to home, perhaps dominate CUSA and instead he has had a difficult stretch in the SEC and I sarcastically said I wish the same on Renfro.

You sure he would have started here over Fine?

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

You sure he would have started here over Fine?

We will never know but it would’ve been interesting to see. Alec Morris wasn’t that good and instead of putting in a 160lb Fine, it is reasonable to assume Seth could’ve chosen to put in Starkel. All indications from Littrell and Fine were that the intention was to redshirt Fine in 2016 so he could develop his body. Then SMU happened..

34 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I mean I get it. I get that playing at UNT gives him a better chance at success bc of the level of competition. I just have a problem wishing failure on someone that hasn’t even made it out of high school. 

anyways, I’m tired of talking about the kid. I think we still have a nice QB room as of now with one being a grown man lol

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I mean I get it. I get that playing at UNT gives him a better chance at success bc of the level of competition. I just have a problem wishing failure on someone that hasn’t even made it out of high school. 

anyways, I’m tired of talking about the kid. I think we still have a nice QB room as of now with one being a grown man lol

The thing that rubs me the wrong way is how he went about it. He talked about family, about leaving a legacy, about how he committed to us because he didn’t want to be someone’s backup plan and sure as shit when a P5 comes calling, we become the backup plan. Reminds me a bit of Garrison (Johnson?) last year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 5

43 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

The thing that rubs me the wrong way is how he went about it. He talked about family, about leaving a legacy, about how he committed to us because he didn’t want to be someone’s backup plan and sure as shit when a P5 comes calling, we become the backup plan. Reminds me a bit of Garrison (Johnson?) last year.

Sounds like an 18 regurgitating what every coach says to him.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

The recycled vernacular in the world of football does not stop at coachspeak.