Charlotte Athletics Facilities Master Plan

Coach Bill Lewis

The first details of the athletics master plan, due first quarter next year, were revealed at this week's Board of Trustees meeting:

Highlights:

- Charlotte will add Women's Lacrosse (2nd Title IX offset program for football).
- New Soccer/Lacrosse stadium will be built at the current soccer practice field west of TransAmerica Field.
- Wells Fargo Fieldhouse will be expanded with dedicated offices locker rooms for each sport supported there (M/W Soccer, Lacrosse, M/W T&F, Softball.
- New offices and locker rooms for Baseball at Hayes Stadium.

Jacob Baum (JacobBaum_)
The Trustees at @unccharlotte has approved Women’s Lacrosse. The team will get a new playing facility on current soccer practice fields, the Wells Fargo Field House will be renovated under the Athletics Master Plan. @CharlotteBSB moving into its own Clubhouse. (1/2) https://t.co/RQxEZquvgG
Jacob Baum @JacobBaum_

.@unccharlotte is now considering a proposal/motion of adding Women’s Lacrosse as sponsored program for @Charlotte49ers Athletics. @niner_times @NTimes_Sports @_agent49 @Barstool49ers

11:37 AM - 11 Dec 2019 10 6
Lots of info from the BOT Meeting today.

Adding women’s lacrosse, New stand alone soccer stadium, and new baseball clubhouse.

[Image: e7f74a826847bec3c8928d5c2415fa2d662c66dc_2_525x500.jpeg]

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Let me start from the beginning: First, the dinosaurs ruled the earth, then they all got fat and died and turned into oil, then... no, that's too far back.

It's a game where you hit a ball and then run around some bases.

Strictly professional & youth/Interscholastic.   They don't play it at the collegiate level.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Need to get fans for Football so they can expand that stadium 

They had 8,000 people there when we played them. I don't think they will be needing an expansion anytime soon. I'd feel bad for them, but I can't. I'm still real frustrated about that loss we took to them, and I know others are too.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, TCC Mean Green said:

SO.....how many C USA schools have baseball an we don’t?  It’s time to start a non for profit just for baseball!  I’m in...are you?

Go to CUSA website, look up baseball standings from last season and see who's missing (besides us).  From (faulty) memory, I don't think UTEP plays baseball either.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Texas Stranger said:

Go to CUSA website, look up baseball standings from last season and see who's missing (besides us).  From (faulty) memory, I don't think UTEP plays baseball either.

Your memory is correct.  The only schools without baseball are North Texas and UTEP.

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:40 PM, Matt from A700 said:

North Texas needs to start the trend in the Lone Star State and add D-1 lacrosse! You've got a beautiful new soccer stadium waiting!

I just suggested adding lacrosse and no down votes? Are we that mad at football right now?

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2