Got our DT!

p_phelps

I hate throwing English under the bus.  He didn't want to be injured.  The young man tried to contribute, but he just kept breaking down.  Happens to some young men.  Sometimes their frames are built to support the weight and stress they put on it.  I wish we could have seen him at 100%, but I won't criticize him for trying only to be stop due to injuries.

I wish we would go put a full court press on the DT from Duncanville, Mitchell, that is currently committed to Colorado State.  CSU just fired Bobo and haven't hired anyone yet.  He may be waiting to see what happens there, but we should be in his ear.  Get Siggers after him, but we need another DT from high school to develop.  I love the Dempsey committment and his video, especially the first interception where his sideline is going crazy, but we need some youngsters to come up in the program.  If we can't sway Mitchell, then we need to get Sumbo from Katy, or hell, let's get both.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I hate throwing English under the bus.  He didn't want to be injured.  The young man tried to contribute, but he just kept breaking down.  Happens to some young men.  Sometimes their frames are built to support the weight and stress they put on it.  I wish we could have seen him at 100%, but I won't criticize him for trying only to be stop due to injuries.

I wish we would go put a full court press on the DT from Duncanville, Mitchell, that is currently committed to Colorado State.  CSU just fired Bobo and haven't hired anyone yet.  He may be waiting to see what happens there, but we should be in his ear.  Get Siggers after him, but we need another DT from high school to develop.  I love the Dempsey committment and his video, especially the first interception where his sidenline is going crazy, but we need some youngsters to come up in the program.  If we can't sway Mitchell, then we need to get Sumbo from Katy, or hell, let's get both.

Way to talk like a big time fan! With big time expectations......very Hayden Fry(ish)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I wish we would go put a full court press on the DT from Duncanville, Mitchell, that is currently committed to Colorado State.  CSU just fired Bobo and haven't hired anyone yet.  He may be waiting to see what happens there, but we should be in his ear.  Get Siggers after him, but we need another DT from high school to develop.  I love the Dempsey committment and his video, especially the first interception where his sideline is going crazy, but we need some youngsters to come up in the program.  If we can't sway Mitchell, then we need to get Sumbo from Katy, or hell, let's get both.

We have to start having real expectations as well as telling the truth about the past.  How can we ever get better if we aren't willing to admit to and honestly evaluate our past mistakes?

41 minutes ago, Harry said:

We have to start having real expectations as well as telling the truth about the past.  How can we ever get better if we aren't willing to admit to and honestly evaluate our past mistakes?

Was I lying about the past?  Are my expectations not real?  I wish he would have panned out, but he didn't due to continuous foot problems.  There are young men on scholarship that rarely if ever see the playing field.  Are they a waste?  English never bailed on his team and continued working to try and play, it just didn't work out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Better hope Willie taggert and FAU stay away on this one....

Yep, he has retweeted just about everything FAU has posted since they chose Taggart. I think he wants to be at FAU but was uneasy about the coaching situation. It’s going to be a stressful few days.

Edited by Cr1028

Just now, Cr1028 said:

Yep, he has retweeted just about everything FAU has posted since they chose Taggart. I think he wants to be at FAU but was uneasy about the coaching situation. It’s going to be a stressful few days.

He is from Florida and they are a more successful program. It isn’t surprising. 
let’s hope we can hold on

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1