Charles Bassey Suffers Season-Ending Injury

BillySee58

His loss will likely cement C-USA as a 1-bid conference.   
They maybe could have run through the league and finish as runner-up, getting them an at-large bid because of their record and Bassey's presence, and have the conference champs get the auto-bid.
But that probably won't be enough now, even though they dealt Arkansas their first loss this weekend & made it a clean sweep in football & basketball!

• Upvote 1

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion, but so be ii...in my ever so humble opinion Bassey was in no way ready for the pros. The times I saw him play...including tournament games against the Mean Green, he showed to be a good player, but hardly dominate.  I just never saw the "lottery pick", "best player in CUSA", "dominate player", etc.  Did he have the potential to improve and be that player?  Perhaps so, but no way, my opinion, was he NBA ready.  He would be yet another guy who was overrated by himself and others and who ended up in Europe, Asia, or South America to play a few years and disappear off everyone's radar.

This injury really sucks for hi. If he was a "potential lottery pick" why did he not purchase insurance against such an injury when he decided to come back to college for another year.  Who was advising this kid? Or, did he listen to advisors (his Dad probably)?  Don't know.  Anyway, I do wish him the very best in his recovery.  Sorry we won't see him play against the Mean Green this year.  I would have loved to see if he had improved any from the times I saw him play.  God sped in your recovery young man.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion, but so be ii...in my ever so humble opinion Bussey was in no way ready for the pros. The times I saw him play...including tournament games against the Mean Green, he showed to be a good player, but hardly dominate.  I just never saw the "lottery pick", "best player in CUSA", "dominate player", etc.  Did he have the potential to improve and be that player?  Perhaps so, but no way, my opinion, was he NBA ready.  He would be yet another guy who was overrated by himself and others and who ended up in Europe, Asia, or South America to play a few years and disappear off everyone's radar.

This injury really sucks for hi. If he was a "potential lottery pick" why did he not purchase insurance against such an injury when he decided to come back to college for another year.  Who was advising this kid? Or, did he listen to advisors (his Dad probably)?  Don't know.  Anyway, I do wish him the very best in his recovery.  Sorry we won't see him play against the Mean Green this year.  I would have loved to see if he had improved any from the times I saw him play.  God sped in your recovery young man.

Spent the first half of your post very confused.  I had to revisit the thread title to see where I was and get on the right track.

RicoBussey.jpg?width=300

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Spent the first half of your post very confused.  I had to revisit the thread title to see where I was and get on the right track.

RicoBussey.jpg?width=300

Ha! ha! Sorry....Bassey. 😂😂. My bad!