Kendel Briles out at FSU

Withers940

12 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Why though? I'm so confused by this 

I am not comfortable with his recruiting methods and the culture he comes from that his father built. It’s gross and I value our standards and principles over a couple extra wins. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I am not comfortable with his recruiting methods and the culture he comes from that his father built. It’s gross and I value our standards and principles over a couple extra wins. 

I understand your thought process, but at some point people have to forgive. They both have served their punishment and if there is no forgiveness in this world then a lot of us would not be where we are today. Just my opinion. I would be okay with the hire. Baylor is long behind us. To be honest, I think the Briles were just the scapegoats in a system that was corrupt from the top down. Again, just my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Venson said:

I understand your thought process, but at some point people have to forgive. They both have served their punishment and if there is no forgiveness in this world then a lot of us would not be where we are today. Just my opinion. I would be okay with the hire. Baylor is long behind us. To be honest, I think the Briles were just the scapegoats in a system that was corrupt from the top down. Again, just my opinion.

I am not sure how baby Briles served any punishment. Seems he has been pretty employed since.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, 97and03 said:

I am not sure how baby Briles served any punishment. Seems he has been pretty employed since.

His punishment is he has most likely been passed over for several coaching jobs and hc jobs because of his father. I mean exactly what did he do? 

50 minutes ago, H-towngreen said:

Just win baby. 

but seriously....someone please tell me exactly what Baby Briles did others than guilty due to his dad turning an eye?

I agree with this. What exactly has he done wrong?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, Venson said:

His punishment is he has most likely been passed over for several coaching jobs and hc jobs because of his father. I mean exactly what did he do? 

Nothing really. I think he would really help recruiting and the overall program

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, Venson said:

He might not have taken any actual action, but being in that situation, turning blind eyes and letting it perpetuate is not a good look.

I think others have explained the anti-Briles details enough on this board.  It was a few months ago,  and I don’t want to dig it up.

This would be an entirely different convo if Baby Briles was the one that exposed the situation and rat on his dad.  But he didn’t.  And I would be skeptical if someone insisted that he didn’t know what was going on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, greenminer said:

He might not have taken any actual action, but being in that situation, turning blind eyes and letting it perpetuate is not a good look.

I think others have explained the anti-Briles details enough on this board.  It was a few months ago,  and I don’t want to dig it up.

This would be an entirely different convo if Baby Briles was the one that exposed the situation and rat on his dad.  But he didn’t.  And I would be skeptical if someone insisted that he didn’t know what was going on.

He may well have known, but your asking a kid to rat on his father when his father is not actually the one who is committing the crime. 99% of people will not rat on their fathers if he was not actually committing the crime, but knows what is happening. Those kids would generally try and talk to their fathers about what they should do, but they are not going to go to the authorities and say "hey there is something going on, my dad knows about it, but he is not doing anything about it." For all we know, he may have tried over and over to talk to his dad about the situation. We will never know what their private family conversations were about. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

What about the cultures and recruiting methods of Lane Kiffin, Major Applewhite, and Willie Taggart?

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Hiring briles means we are serious about winning and would be the biggest assistant get in our over 100 years of football

This is what I expect to happen on both sides of the ball. As mentioned it is going to take in the $500k range and a jack up in assistant pay.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

By that logic, every single player is guilty as well. And every trainer. And every person that had any idea that something was going on but didn’t say anything. 

Good thing we're only talking about the OC.  That amount of vetting would take a ton of resources.

I'm not saying he is or isn't guilty.  Also, I would not be done with the program.  We would also probably win a ton of games.

I simply think of how much trash we talked of FAU when they gave in to bring in Kiffin.  In the back of my mind I wondered, "we're forking out tons of money to win.  One day, we might make that same kind of hire.  Take that kind of step."  This would be that step IMO.  And, honestly, it doesn't surprise me that some of y'all are trying to make this a normal hire.   But this would be a hire completely different from anything we've ever done, unless I'm forgetting something.

Having said that, the hire hasn't been made yet.  So who knows?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

21 hours ago, greenminer said:

Bill Snyder was an assistant under Fry.

@SilverEagle, you know of any others?

Not as big as Snyder. Off the top of my head you could argue Todd Dodge who mentored Mitch Maher and then went on to (eventually) become a HS coaching legend. There's also Bobby Jack Wright that Corkey hired in 1983.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jack_Wright

• Upvote 3