C-USA championship

Just now, TIgreen01 said:

We should kick FAU out.  Period.  That attendance is unacceptable.  For any game.  For a conference championship it should cost you your membership.

Take action Presidents.

Well they have dominated C-USA play for 2 of the last 3 years

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

image.png.65b78ce265bf717ac50253fc10786bb3.png

image.png.1253b4b1ef618ac1ada65e5a43abff8e.png

Make of this what you want, but when you go to the ESPN front page, nine of ten FBS conference championship games are on the top ticker. Guess which conference was left out?

It’s a terrible conference...and the saddest part is that it’s still LIGHT YEARS better for us than any other conference setup we’ve had since the 60s...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

We should kick FAU out.  Period.  That attendance is unacceptable.  For any game.  For a conference championship it should cost you your membership.

Take action Presidents.

FAU, ODU, and UNC Charlotte are the biggest embarrassments to the conference. They should all be thrown out. I'd take Appalachian State over any of them any day.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, NTSU52 said:

FAU, ODU, and UNC Charlotte are the biggest embarrassments to the conference. They should all be thrown out. I'd take Appalachian State over any of them any day.

ODU sells-out their stadium for almost every game. They also beat a top 25 team last year.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Sour grapes?

Not at all.  They are a well run program and I look forward to playing them.

I just don’t understand a school spending tens of millions to participate in this sport when their own students and alumni clearly don’t support it.  I get having poor attendance at the G5 level.  It’s tough.  When you are hosting a conference championship game, though?!  It should be a question the FAU administration is asking itself...or has been.  This isn’t new.  At some point, though, attendance like this, in our most visible game of the year, is an embarrassment to all of us and WE have to collectively protect our brand.  Something should be done.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Not at all.  They are a well run program and I look forward to playing them.

I just don’t understand a school spending tens of millions to participate in this sport when their own students and alumni clearly don’t support it.  I get having poor attendance at the G5 level.  It’s tough.  When you are hosting a conference championship game, though?!  It should be a question the FAU administration is asking itself...or has been.  This isn’t new.  At some point, though, attendance like this, in our most visible game of the year, is an embarrassment to all of us and WE have to collectively protect our brand.  Something should be done.

Something should be done at UNT or FAU? Our problem is winning. Our studium would be crowded if we hosted a conference championship game but we need a good team to do that. We started improving but get blown out by anyone good. I really hope Littrell can turn this team around. 

FAU on the other hand has clear issues with their university and fanbase. I don't see what the point in having a team if your own university doesn't care at all. Even in our many down years we had more support than they are getting down there from their fans or lack thereof. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NTSU52 said:

yet we have lost to all 3 so what does that say about the big spender in CUSA?

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

FAU 7-0 with 7 to go

Also crowd is terrible 

6DC4D42F-70B8-49FF-9FA2-FE0EC70B175A.jpeg

Just imagine if Apogee hosted a CUSA Championship game - the place would be packed to the gills!!!  I hope we get to that point soon .  I'm not a fan of LK, but I almost feel bad for the guy to have so much success at FAU but almost no fan support.   

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Take action Presidents.

Then we can kick out a bunch of other teams in the conference. MTSU hosted the game last season and it was 80 percent empty in that stadium. Conference USA championships for football are bad all around.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Just imagine if Apogee hosted a CUSA Championship game - the place would be packed to the gills!!!  I hope we get to that point soon .  I'm not a fan of LK, but I almost feel bad for the guy to have so much success at FAU but almost no fan support.   

I don’t think he gives a crap to be honest. He knew what FAU was. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

We would be sold out on national television! This is what will attract attention from others! GMG

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's a very poor look on anyone associated with CUSA. Something, anything must be done to combat the problem. I am all in favor of splitting this conference up as soon as possible. 

Judy still says how good this conference is! She must turn her back to all of the huge problems in this conference

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

He was so good at getting the fanbase pumped too.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

We would be sold out on national television! This is what will attract attention from others! GMG

I hope we get to this someday.  But if it had happened this year, I think people would be really, really disappointed with our turnout.  Beware the game that is not on the "schedule" that people look at at the beginning of the year.   Heck, Memphis only announced 33,000 for the AAC championship.  They had almost double that for a regular season game against SMU ealier in the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's a very poor look on anyone associated with CUSA. Something, anything must be done to combat the problem. I am all in favor of splitting this conference up as soon as possible. 

The real sad part is that UAB is the closest West team to Boca Raton and it didn’t add anything to help CUSA attendance either.

Its just a bad conference setup. Not much you can do about it now. It is what it is.

I’ll go back to it, but the two conferences need to look like this:

UTEP, UTSA, UNT, Texas State, La Tech, and Arky state in the West

Rice, ULL, ULM, USM, Troy, and UAB in the East.

Marshall, WKU, MUTS, ODU, Appy State, Coastal Carolina in the North

FAU, FIU, Ga state, Ga Southern, South Alabama and Charlotte in the South

• Upvote 2