Super Pit Seating?

So, I get confused on the seating situation at the SP.  With a GA ticket ($15), the ushers tell you to sit anywhere except the seats with the "Reserved" banners (for season ticket holders).  But, when you sit down in an open seat, inevitably someone comes up with a Reserved Seating ticket ($20) and says you are in their seat.  So, where do you sit so you don't have to move and have that awkward conversation with a stranger?  GMG

• Upvote 3

Just now, Philip Ferguson said:

So, I get confused on the seating situation at the SP.  With a GA ticket ($15), the ushers tell you to sit anywhere except the seats with the "Reserved" banners (for season ticket holders).  But, when you sit down in an open seat, inevitably someone comes up with a Reserved Seating ticket ($20) and says you are in their seat.  So, where do you sit so you don't have to move and have that awkward conversation with a stranger?  GMG

I saw this happen a few times. One OU fan and his son had to move several times. I had no idea it was because of GA seating. 

Just now, Mean Green Matt said:

I saw this happen a few times. One OU fan and his son had to move several times. I had no idea it was because of GA seating. 

They should just get rid of GA or get rid of Reserved - there's no way to tell where to sit.  If the game isn't busy, then it's usually not a problem.  But, the OU game was a bit nuts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philip Ferguson said:

They should just get rid of GA or get rid of Reserved - there's no way to tell where to sit.  If the game isn't busy, then it's usually not a problem.  But, the OU game was a bit nuts.

The women’s team has GA only (other than floor seating). I would think the men should only have GA in upper level, but of course most people are just going to sit in the lower level anyway. 

• Upvote 1

No wonder there are people in other people's reserved seats, if NT is that inept. 

You buy reserved seats because they are the best available for your use and you don't have to worry about getting there at an earlier time.  

I'm was not thrilled with a decision to chase someone out of my seats or have a less desired seat that was probably reserved by someone else.  

If you are so cheap or cannot afford an extra 10 or 15, sit in general admission.  Not too many years ago, ushers routinely asked to see your tickets if you were in the reserve sections.   

I guess it is the wild west now, and if you chose you can sit in better seats than you could purchase in the reserve section. 

It seems to me, NT is losing revenue if they do not enforce their ticket restrictions.   

I don't care were students sit as long they wait long enough to be confident someone hasn't paid to be there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m happy they put them reserved seating markers on season ticket holder seats, but they really need to have someone checking tickets because students are not sitting in the student section and people are just wandering seats. They use to check your ticket before you even walked down and would even then every 5 minutes start checking peoples tickets. This should be addressed with the AD because it’s not fair to people who actually pay for those seats and it makes the student section look amateur as well. Sometime contact Wren and fix this.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

14 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

No wonder there are people in other people's reserved seats, if NT is that inept. 

You buy reserved seats because they are the best available for your use and you don't have to worry about getting there at an earlier time.  

I'm was not thrilled with a decision to chase someone out of my seats or have a less desired seat that was probably reserved by someone else.  

If you are so cheap or cannot afford an extra 10 or 15, sit in general admission.  Not too many years ago, ushers routinely asked to see your tickets if you were in the reserve sections.   

I guess it is the wild west now, and if you chose you can sit in better seats than you could purchase in the reserve section. 

It seems to me, NT is losing revenue if they do not enforce their ticket restrictions.   

I don't care were students sit as long they wait long enough to be confident someone hasn't paid to be there. 

Yes I agree with everything you said. I think GA should be upper bowl only because it seems that people sit wherever. I had to tell people 3 times to get out of my Season Ticket seats.

Something needs to be addressed. 

• Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, 3XNTGRAD said:

First game my seats had the banner showing that they were reserved. Now they are no longer there, so don't know what happened to them.

Mine didn't have them until the OU game. I asked why, and said that they forgot...

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Esterhouse said:

If you look at the seating chart, there are several sections of the lower bowl that are general admission seating. 

Yeah on the sides, and a little by both benches and same as the other. People think it is all GA

• Lovely Take 1

I sit in section 120 and have to remove people out of my seats regularly.  Gets old after a while.  If someone else is in my seats they usually don’t want to move and then we have a confrontation.  I should not have to put up with this.  I am a Police Officer and my first inclination is to remove them myself.  However,  I will give the Ushers or the UNT Police a chance to resolve the issue first.  This happened regularly last year as well.  People need to sit where their ticket directs them to or put out the money for season tickets.  Pretty simple when you think about it.  This happens a lot at Apogee as well.  The other issue I have with seating at both venues are the parents who bring their kids to games and turn them loose to run wild as long as they don’t bother them.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CMJ said:

Until there's really a need for people to sit in assigned seating, they won't.  When an arena seats about 10K people and average attendance is only about a quarter of that, it's just gonna happen.

Actually this has only been an issue about the last 3 years. I know it’s not directly correlated to the coach, but I know that when Benford was here the ushers would check everyone’s tickets at the top because we were checked every game and students were told to sit at the top or in the student section. Sometimes they would try to go all the way down and then cut across seats and the ushers would walk all the way to check tickets and move them again. I’m it sure what changes but it’s only been an issue for 3 years (maybe 4). It use to feel like the pit was run professionally, but now it’s like the Wild West and there are no directives. The students and others move around at ease and nobody does a thing about it. When I was a student we still had season tickets and I was always checked if I moved down to them. Somewhere something has gone wrong. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Andrew said:

Actually this has only been an issue about the last 3 years. I know it’s not directly correlated to the coach, but I know that when Benford was here the ushers would check everyone’s tickets at the top because we were checked every game and students were told to sit at the top or in the student section. Sometimes they would try to go all the way down and then cut across seats and the ushers would walk all the way to check tickets and move them again. I’m it sure what changes but it’s only been an issue for 3 years (maybe 4). It use to feel like the pit was run professionally, but now it’s like the Wild West and there are no directives. The students and others move around at ease and nobody does a thing about it. When I was a student we still had season tickets and I was always checked if I moved down to them. Somewhere something has gone wrong. 

Sure, I can see that at the beginning of a game.  Ushers check tickets before they start.  Late arrivals don't always get checked.  

Look at a baseball game attendance for a team that isn't in the playoff chase come August, say after the 2rd inning.  I can guarantee you a lot of the folks sitting in the bottom level didn't pay for tickets there.  Hell I've moved into seats like that many times.

IMO giving up on an organized student section was a huge mistake. The “Pit Crew is the late 2000s early 2010s was formidable. SGA played a big role in it too. Then as people graduated and moved on paired with the haplesslness of the Benford era it just fell apart. 

Even Talons (though they were there on Thursday) do not seem to show up in force anymore. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

IMO giving up on an organized student section was a huge mistake. The “Pit Crew is the late 2000s early 2010s was formidable. SGA played a big role in it too. Then as people graduated and moved on paired with the haplesslness of the Benford era it just fell apart. 

Even Talons (though they were there on Thursday) do not seem to show up in force anymore. 

Yep. That was a rowdy bunch, filled to the brim with bits. They really added to the atmosphere of the Pit.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NTEX91 said:

I sit in section 120 and have to remove people out of my seats regularly.  Gets old after a while.  If someone else is in my seats they usually don’t want to move and then we have a confrontation.  I should not have to put up with this.  I am a Police Officer and my first inclination is to remove them myself.  However,  I will give the Ushers or the UNT Police a chance to resolve the issue first.  This happened regularly last year as well.  People need to sit where their ticket directs them to or put out the money for season tickets.  Pretty simple when you think about it.  This happens a lot at Apogee as well.  The other issue I have with seating at both venues are the parents who bring their kids to games and turn them loose to run wild as long as they don’t bother them.

Now I kinda get why people do it at the Pit, but when people sit wherever, and proceed to tell me that all of this is GA makes me insane. I have had to kick people out of my seats, and get the security involved because they think that all of Apogee is GA. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Now I kinda get why people do it at the Pit, but when people sit wherever, and proceed to tell me that all of this is GA makes me insane. I have had to kick people out of my seats, and get the security involved because they think that all of Apogee is GA. 

Maybe the easy fix is to just paint a color scheme on the steps to designate Reserved vs. GA.  I don't mind spending the extra $5 for Reserved seat, but I don't want to do it if it means having discussions/confrontations with people about where to sit.  The ushers provide no guidance whatsoever, so maybe if the steps were painted green for Reserved seats, that would resolve most (not all) of the headaches.   

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Maybe the easy fix is to just paint a color scheme on the steps to designate Reserved vs. GA.  I don't mind spending the extra $5 for Reserved seat, but I don't want to do it if it means having discussions/confrontations with people about where to sit.  The ushers provide no guidance whatsoever, so maybe if the steps were painted green for Reserved seats, that would resolve most (not all) of the headaches.   

image.png

Someone in the AD needs to get the ushers back on track like they use too and actually check tickets and regularly sweep the seats to check. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, rws69 said:

First, my season ticket banners were missing the last two games. I had no idea those were intended for policing seat usage.

Second, UNT has been selling $20 tickets through various promotions. Why would anyone pay that if $15 lets you sit anywhere.

Yeah same for me! It’s weird because they were there for OCU, not for EMU, there for NCA&T, and no for OU and LR

• Sad 1