A Q&A with athletic director Wren Baker

Skipper

10 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

His explanation about not having a baseball team made total sense. Really appreciated the candor. You can’t add the extras if the infrastructure isn’t in place to handle it. 

I get that, but why does UTSA have a baseball program?  Or La. Tech?  Seems that schools with lessor resources can make it happen.  In La. Tech's case it doesn't seem to drag down their football program.

How about we focus more on how to get the most out of the vast resources we have compared to many other C-USA programs?

On 12/8/2019 at 11:53 AM, Harry said:

I get that, but why does UTSA have a baseball program?  Or La. Tech?  Seems that schools with lessor resources can make it happen.  In La. Tech's case it doesn't seem to drag down their football program.

How about we focus more on how to get the most out of the vast resources we have compared to many other C-USA programs?

👍.  I am a huge baseball proponent, but I fully agree with Baker and Harry's comment above.  Let's not half-a$$ a program just to add it.  Let's make what we have the best and then look at adding programs.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/8/2019 at 11:53 AM, Harry said:

Well...like he said, if they add another program like baseball they’ll have to add another woman’s sport...and as it stands right now, the weight room is not big enough as it is and the athletic center is below standards...so expand those first, then baseball. I’m sure we could have a baseball team but they want to do it right and give the team a solid base to start off. I mean it made sense to me. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 2