Mike Leach

DeepGreen

If I am Mike L, I am staying in Pac12. SEC is a chop off heads conference if you aren't consistently winning more than 9 or 10 games it seems like. being Washington St's punching bag is better than being Alabama or LSU's. Plus somebody already said it.. Washington's coach resigned, so maybe that makes the top spot up for grabs in that state.

Arkansas does need to hire a well known and sought after coach though.. Still don't understand the Chad Morris hire. You're in the SEC, you can do better..  

• Upvote 2

Arkansas might have the Mississippi schools and A&M as the only teams in their division they can compete with, and even then, that's tough to imagine them beating all three of them in one year. Heck, they haven't beaten A&M in years. Throw in Auburn, Alabama, and LSU and that makes Arkansas one of the toughest jobs in the P5. Leach's agent (again) will use this to get the Pirate a raise in Pullman. Leach's quirkiness plays there--it wouldn't at Arkansas, where you have to glad hand with BMDs and politicians in that state. Leach hates those people. He loves the remoteness of Pullman, while being in a division and conference he can compete in most years. Accept for 2008, his Tech's teams never cam close to winning a division here. Now that Petersen is gone from UW, I suspect he will start finally beating them, too.

No matter what, I just cant see him leaving Wazzou for Arky or Ole Miss. If he leaves there, it will be for a job like Miami , where he doesn't have to glad hand a bunch of political appointees.

• Upvote 1

PAC-12 is probably the best honest well rounded football conference in college football. He'd be nuts to undock the pirate ship and go to the SEC.  Any given year, almost any given team in the PAC12 can make a run.

If the CFB Playoff Committee goes to a 8 team playoff in 2020, because Bama boosters are freaking out about being in the Belk or Outback Bowl, then he has an even better chance of sneaking onto the main stage again as a PAC-12 winner.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle

22 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Arkansas might have the Mississippi schools and A&M as the only teams in their division they can compete with, and even then, that's tough to imagine them beating all three of them in one year. Heck, they haven't beaten A&M in years. Throw in Auburn, Alabama, and LSU and that makes Arkansas one of the toughest jobs in the P5. Leach's agent (again) will use this to get the Pirate a raise in Pullman. Leach's quirkiness plays there--it wouldn't at Arkansas, where you have to glad hand with BMDs and politicians in that state. Leach hates those people. He loves the remoteness of Pullman, while being in a division and conference he can compete in most years. Accept for 2008, his Tech's teams never cam close to winning a division here. Now that Petersen is gone from UW, I suspect he will start finally beating them, too.

No matter what, I just cant see him leaving Wazzou for Arky or Ole Miss. If he leaves there, it will be for a job like Miami , where he doesn't have to glad hand a bunch of political appointees.

Right on the money with the quirkiness. Arkansas ultimately wants a version of Mack Brown ("we've got a whale of a ball club this year", etc., ad nauseum)  to suck up to the politicos. That top brass  would never "get"  or appreciate the genius of the Pirate.  Heck, maybe Craig James is available to coach Arkansas.