Langston probably sticking around...

I think a lot of our offensive line issues have been more recruiting driven than technique driven.  I’m confident in his ability to coach.  Getting the guys has been the hard part.  That’s on the whole staff, not just him.  It’s been a porous unit to say the least though. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

We let Brown go last year but that wasn’t until January. Then we hired Jennings in February. Maybe they keep him through the fall signing period, then sort of let him get placed at a new job so it doesn’t look like a straight firing and get a new guy shortly after. Like I said, I think that’s what happened with Brown and Jennings last year. It’s a different timeline than a coordinator.

• Upvote 3

On 12/4/2019 at 4:11 AM, tmjerm said:

I think a lot of our offensive line issues have been more recruiting driven than technique driven.  I’m confident in his ability to coach.  Getting the guys has been the hard part.  That’s on the whole staff, not just him.  It’s been a porous unit to say the least though. 

Hope you are right. Not sure you are though. Can't get the bad snaps out of my head. That is on th OL coach too and sure seems more like lack of technique teaching than lack of talent or size to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Hope you are right. Not sure you are though. Can't get the bad snaps out of my head. That is on th OL coach too and sure seems more like lack of technique teaching than lack of talent or size to me.

My take on that is Mose never had problems with that before which tells us it was much more mental than technique - he got a bad bad case of the yips and because we had no backup we felt could do a better overall job we were just stuck with it.  

Does our OL seem to get better as the year and their time in the program goes on? If not, it's a coaching problem.

It can ALSO be a recruiting problem, but late in the season we're competing against CUSA, not the SEC, so I don't think it's just a recruiting problem when the line is getting manhandled in their last game of the season against 3 and 4-man rushes.

On 12/3/2019 at 11:50 PM, peanuts104 said:

Langston needs to be gone after early signing day if we have a recruit or two tied to him.  There is no excuse for him to be around. His unit has been mediocre to terrible for THREE FUCKING YEARS.

Oh it’s been longer. Last one that was good was 2013. I wish we had that talent now. 

• Upvote 1

Also he should be gone by February. It probably won’t affect anything. Well I hope. Our best recruit is Erik Williams the OT.

Also some quick stats:

In the entire game, we gave up 7 SACKS! 
In the 4th quarter, we gained 7 yards. We gave up 3-4 sacks including 2 on the last drive.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ipd054 said:

The new OC will make the decision.  He will assess the coaches and pick his team.  This is a hard time for position coaches and I would bet all are looking.  Or should I say that I would be looking to hedge my bets.

I hope it's Kendall, but I highly doubt that happens