Oklahoma (12/5/19)

CMJ

We lost because we got incredibly tight for 4 plus minutes...why? Because no one on the team could rise to the occasion and take over the game. Good game and moral victories just don’t do it for me anymore, you can hang your hat on them all you want, I will not my friend. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6

Not hanging my hat on a moral victory.  I didn't take this game as a moral victory.  We need a go to player to take the shots at the end of the game, that wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line.  But, this team has improved dramatically and has the potential to make a lot of noise in conference.

Reported attendance that I saw was 5637.  Looked like a lot of green on television.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Not hanging my hat on a moral victory.  I didn't take this game as a moral victory.  We need a go to player to take the shots at the end of the game, that wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line.  But, this team has improved dramatically and has the potential to make a lot of noise in conference.

Reported attendance that I saw was 5637.  Looked like a lot of green on television.

You say we need a go to player?...so how exactly does me saying we didn’t have anyone rise to the occasion different than what you’re saying lifer. 🤨

• Upvote 1

I took issue with the statement that we don't have anyone that wants to.  I read it to mean, we have a bunch of kids that are passive and don't want to be "the man."  I disagreed with that.  I think we have a couple that could be that player like Smart was two years ago.  Gibson could be that player, but he was bringing the ball up, which I thought was a poor decision.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow what a game. So winnable, but just had some mistakes that costed us the game. 

Also the refs were the worst i've seen! I mean #12 would get air blown on him, and boom foul. Seems like OU brought the refs.

Crowd was pretty good, and at times very loud. Disappointed 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

The most disappointing thing is we had a Power conference team at home...on the ropes.  We just don't get many visits from brand name schools, when the opportunity is there for a win...gotta snatch it.

We should have won the game. But at least we didn’t get our doors blown off. I hope that experience is enough for those students to come back and bring their friends. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

The difference was in free throw attempts.   Apparently, OU plays great defense and seldom fouls. 

OU looked tonight like a 3 star player team and little more. 

NT went cold at the end of the game and it cost them.  

Frustration maybe, but NT is definitely moving in the right direction.   There maybe a team in CUSA as good as OU, but I doubt it. 

I think McCasland maybe the best basketball coach ever at NT, but his substitution patterns remain a mystery to me. 

t

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Apparently, OU plays great defense and seldom fouls. 

I think you are saying this in jest, but I think there is some truth to this.  There were several times where I thought we had a VERY ticky tack foul called on us.  But it is much harder for me to think of many times where I thought OU committed a foul but none was called.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Feeling really good about the trajectory of the team. Not feeling great about the end of that game.

We are clearly improving. Heartbreaker at the end. Team is coming together, we’ve just gotta figure out how to close out these tight games.

The encouraging thing about the team is their defense, rebounding and athleticism. We play tenaciously on the defensive side of the ball. That will serve us well moving forward now that we’re starting to put things together offensively.

Atmosphere at the Pit was great. Even though we didn’t get the W, the team put on a show against a name opponent. Fans will be back.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

We are clearly improving. Heartbreaker at the end. Team is coming together, we’ve just gotta figure out how to close out these tight games.

The encouraging thing about the team is their defense, rebounding and athleticism. We play tenaciously on the defensive side of the ball. That will serve us well moving forward now that we’re starting to put things together offensively.

Atmosphere at the Pit was great. Even though we didn’t get the W, the team put on a show against a name opponent. Fans will be back.

I hope the last part happens. I hope fans see how we can compete at any level, and show up Saturday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

228DE315-1725-4E4B-A25E-7A0FA8DF07DA.thumb.jpeg.fa6392099e1b41997050fc046fd319eb.jpeg

Good game by the Mean Green.  Great hustle outrebounding a taller team of that caliber.  Just couldn’t overcome the officiating.

The Super Pit can be such a fun experience when there’s a decent crowd.  

Keep the hustle and defense up and we might do something in conference?

Rick

Court looks cool!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Court looks cool!

Pictures don't do the court justice. It looks much better in person. Also, we didn't use paint for the colors in the key and along the sidelines; instead it is a green or white stain which allows the grain of the wood to still show. I like the way it looks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

I love this team's defense, hustle and the way they hit the boards.  I think we have the makings of a really good team.  The Super Pit looked so much better on television.  The court looks fantastic and the white paint really lightens up the arena.

From watching on television, I really didn't think the refs were that bad.  I have got to figure out a way to be in Denton when their are a couple of home games this season.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2