Oklahoma (12/5/19)

CMJ

10 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

We're down by 3 and DJ is 3 of 4 from 3 today and a good free throw shooter if need be.

Huh? We had a 3 point lead and were on defense... then their tall guy nailed the three. Blew my mind neither were in the game while we gave up height across the board on D that possession. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Andrew said:

Huh? We had a 3 point lead and were on defense... then there tall guy nailed the three. Blew my mind neither where in the game while we gave up height across the board on D that possession. 

Ah, I quoted you from the wrong possession

Just now, Salsa_Verde said:

Didn’t have any players that wanted to or were capable of rising to the occasion. 

Sorry, I find this to be terribly inaccurate statement and not needed.  Their star player hit the shot at the end and we had our shooter bring the ball up.  I would have like to see Hamlet bring the ball up and then have the option of going to either Gibson or Draper outside, or drive to the basket trying to draw contact.

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Sorry, I find this to be terribly inaccurate statement and not needed.  Their star player hit the shot at the end and we had our shooter bring the ball up.  I would have like to see Hamlet bring the ball up and then have the option of going to either Gibson or Draper outside, or drive to the basket trying to draw contact.

I would have liked a time-out to set up a better final play. I hate losing another winnable game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Great game.  Amazing how much better the team looks as compared to our game against Arkansas.  Super Pit looked great on television, announcers were good and the crowd sounded great.  Proud of the team.  If they keep improving, they can do great things.  Reese looked like the player he was at Odessa College last year.  Nice to see him contributing, and Draper played well.  Too bad he isn't two or three inches taller.

• Upvote 6