WHICH WILL BE THE FIRST COORDINATOR POSITION FILLED

El Paso Eagle

OC OR DC - WHICH IS FILLED FIRST  

49 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH POSITION IS FILLED FIRST

• OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR
    • DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

• El Paso Eagle changed the title to WHICH WILL BE THE FIRST COORDINATOR POSITION FILLED
31 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

While speed is a factor, I think getting the right guy could mean waiting till after Bowl season. It will depend on whom the real candidates are and frankly we'll never know that. 

coaches move around prior to bowl season all the time.   If Littrell has his man, and offers him the job today, it will be filled today.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

coaches move around prior to bowl season all the time.   If Littrell has his man, and offers him the job today, it will be filled today.

Some do, some don't. If his choice is available now, that great. I don't want him to put an artificial limit on his options. Getting the best person is more important than just putting a filler in. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

While speed is a factor, I think getting the right guy could mean waiting till after Bowl season. It will depend on whom the real candidates are and frankly we'll never know that. 

Most schools make their hire and still let them coach the bowl game. I would be ok with that. After bowl season is how GH got picked up and then we were stuck with Reeder. 

Honestly I feel it would be far easier to sell our OC role/scheme than our DC (even if we try a new scheme). My money is on a pretty quick OC fill with a lot more time spent on revamping our Defensive look, unless there's already a known in the pipeline (in which case, why didn't we just can Reffett earlier?)

Just now, greeneagle1 said:

Most schools make their hire and still let them coach the bowl game. I would be ok with that. After bowl season is how GH got picked up and then we were stuck with Reeder. 

Harrell was an exception though.   USC had already filled their OC position just over a month earlier with Kingsbury.  When he left, they scrambled to find his replacement and landed on Harrell.

Say Littrell wants Briles (I dunno if he does).   
Littrell calls Briles, or his agent, and says I want to hire you right now.  He's either interested or not.   If yes, he takes the job right then.   He may have a caveat written into his new deal that says he can coach FSU in their bowl game, like what Harry Dunne did against us last year with UTSt in the NM Bowl prior to moving on to TXTech.   But he hits the ground recruiting for North Texas as soon as the ink dries.

• Upvote 1