Frank Wilson

Harry

OK so I know it may not be everyone's first choice but I think he is a guy we should strongly consider bringing on board in come capacity.

Let's face it, Seth is calling the plays.  This is his career and his livelihood.  Everyone coming here knows he was an OC.

What Wilson brings is something we DESPERATELY need and that is he is an outstanding recruiter.

If you look at the elite G5 programs they have one thing in common - they can recruit at a high level.   I think recruiting ability should be a key component of whomever we hire.  EVERY coach on this staff needs to be able to help us in recruiting. 

If you don't have the players, it doesn't matter who your OC and DC is. 

Just now, Harry said:

OK so I know it may not be everyone's first choice but I think he is a guy we should strongly consider bringing on board in come capacity.

Let's face it, Seth is calling the plays.  This is his career and his livelihood.  Everyone coming here knows he was an OC.

What Wilson brings is something we DESPERATELY need and that is he is an outstanding recruiter.

If you look at the elite G5 programs they have one thing in common - they can recruit at a high level.   I think recruiting ability should be a key component of whomever we hire.  EVERY coach on this staff needs to be able to help us in recruiting. 

I don't have a problem with it...but I have to think a P5 will snatch him up for an assistant role.

First name that comes to mind is Les MIles at Kansas....

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Harry said:

This catches my attention, I have seen it and you all have too. How many times have we seen this past season where we are undersized to our opponent? And we're talking CUSA or AAC opponents.

Recruit us a O-line that can protect the QB, I don't want to see a blood bath when the QB is running around for his life out there. 

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

19-29 UTSA Head Coaching record with those great recruits have no justice of him being a great recruiter...

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2