COULD SETH TAKE OVER THE OC ROLE

El Paso Eagle

10 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I still believe that TD's biggest mistake was his loyalty to the damn coordinators he brought on board. I wish the AD, or President would have convinced him to start with experienced college coordinators.   With the excitement that Dodge was creating if he had been successful ...... 

Dodge wanted to retain Kenny Evans but RV told him no to any DD staff member.  Then,...RV changed his position on this but by the time they got to Coach Evans he had signed on with Dooley at La Tech.  

And we have to give TD credit for realizing his mistake and trying to correct it.  He fired Mendoza and brought in De Loach.  It just happened too late.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Dodge wanted to retain Kenny Evans but RV told him no to any DD staff member.  Then,...RV changed his position on this but by the time they got to Coach Evans he had signed on with Dooley at La Tech.  

And we have to give TD credit for realizing his mistake and trying to correct it.  He fired Mendoza and brought in De Loach.  It just happened too late.

Rick

I did not know this about Evans, thank you for sharing.

19 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I still believe that TD's biggest mistake was his loyalty to the damn coordinators he brought on board. I wish the AD, or President would have convinced him to start with experienced college coordinators.   With the excitement that Dodge was creating if he had been successful ...... 

This 100%.  He sabotaged his own success by bringing the entire staff on board.  Actually, offense under Dodge was never and issue, but man, the defense was another story.  He should have never been allowed to bring in Mendoza as his coordinator.  I can only imagine what Dodge could have done with a great coordinator and staff on the defensive side of the ball.

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Never knew that about Evans.  What an idiotic and ego driven move by RV that really hamstrung Dodge.  Say what you want about him, but his hiring could have been a huge success for us as he was/is one of the better QB coaches around and has an incredible mind for offense and scoring points.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1