COULD SETH TAKE OVER THE OC ROLE

El Paso Eagle

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

according to some sources....he did after the Houston game.

You still want him as OC?

There is a difference between being the OC and being the play caller on game day. 

This year's offense was much worse than the previous two years, but I think the root of that was recruiting. 

Just now, Cerebus said:

There is a difference between being the OC and being the play caller on game day. 

This year's offense was much worse than the previous two years, but I think the root of that was recruiting. 

It was worse.....and he supposedly called the plays this year...didn't seem to work out. I wanted to see Bodie Reeder's offense...we never got to see it so I don't know if he was the problem or not

Edited by TheColonyEagle

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

I wanted to see Bodie Reeder's offense...we never got to see it so I don't know if he was the problem or not

You saw it all year.  The OC's job is much more than calling plays on Saturday.  The scheme, and day to day implementation of it, the tailoring it of for each opponent, etc is much more work than calling plays one day a week.

Yes, there have been reports that after the UH game SL took over play calling, but all the other OC work was still carried out by Reeder.

Just now, Cerebus said:

You saw it all year.  The OC's job is much more than calling plays on Saturday.  The scheme, and day to day implementation of it, the tailoring it of for each opponent, etc is much more work than calling plays one day a week.

Yes, there have been reports that after the UH game SL took over play calling, but all the other OC work was still carried out by Reeder.

Well like I said in an earlier post....seems to be a little dysfunction there if that was the case....

I don't think I'm breaking news here saying Littrell and Reeder didn't see eye to eye.....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

If this happens I would like to see us go after Frank Wilson as WRC or OC assit and  put out him on the recruiting trail! 

Wilson is a RBs coach.   Even if we had Wilson come in here as "run-game coordinator" and let Mainord be "pass-game coordinator" with Littrell calling plays, Wilson would have to be the RB coach... do we want to kick Cobbs to the curb?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wilson is a RBs coach.   Even if we had Wilson come in here as "run-game coordinator" and let Mainord be "pass-game coordinator" with Littrell calling plays, Wilson would have to be the RB coach... do we want to kick Cobbs to the curb?

WRC at Tennessee! May be a pipe dream!

Given some recently-released info about Reeder not calling plays post Houston, I would not be surprised to see Littrell return to the Leach tree to find his next OC.   The offense is obviously his baby, and he has to have someone that thinks like him to run it.
Someone like this:
https://soonersports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/dennis-simmons/355

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Given some recently-released info about Reeder not calling plays post Houston, I would not be surprised to see Littrell return to the Leach tree to find his next OC.   The offense is obviously his baby, and he has to have someone that thinks like him to run it.
Someone like this:
https://soonersports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/dennis-simmons/355

Seth would much rather have Bedenbaugh from that staff if we could afford him.