Reeder and Reffett Fired

Cerebus

Just now, Cr1028 said:

Is this guy is supposed to be the Dale Hansen of North Texas? Is he reporting this from his moms basement? Dude sounds about 17 years old. When he said that Littrell wanted Harrell out and they “mutually” parted ways, he lost all credibility with me.
Littrell must’ve refused his parking pass request.

He follows and reports on North Texas. Believe him or don't....up to you.

But Watching the offense this year....didn't seem like a stretch to me considering the offense wasn't what Reeder ran before.

who knows idk GIF

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Best of luck with your future endeavors 

Joke all you want but what I’m saying is true. Reeder obviously wasn’t the right fit and Ref needed to go. I hope we pick up some great new hires but unless Seth makes some changes within himself, it won’t matter who we get. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

8 minutes ago, Throw Away said:

Joke all you want but what I’m saying is true. Reeder obviously wasn’t the right fit and Ref needed to go. I hope we pick up some great new hires but unless Seth makes some changes within himself, it won’t matter who we get. 

No problem Bro. Let me introduce you to the greatness of www.linkedin.com. It's a great place to find a new job. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Throw Away said:

Joke or not, you have to understand our suspicions when you have never posted on here and your first two posts are coming to the defense of Reeder.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

while i agree that changes need to be made it does make matters tough to be starting with a new OC and DC next year and implementing new schemes/wrinkles with unfamiliar coaches.

Hopefully Seth finds some people within a similar system fast!

No. The defense needs a complete overhaul. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I have always wished fired coaches or those that quit would have a "Mean Green Garage Sale" to rid themselves of un-needed polo shirts and sweatshirts.  I wonder how many of those items get put in the trash. 

There's always a small amount on eBay by early spring.  I pickup a few lightly used or brand new ones for cheap every year.

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

I hope everyone who was complaining about the coordinators is now willing to up their ticket purchases/MGSF donations by 10%. 

Wren?... But seriously, how about no.  Half the people on this board don't even have season tix to football.

3 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I am cool with donations ... just not the used car salesman tactics of parking $600 per game when the lot will be empty anyhow. That is all. I don't think that white lot parking is going directly to a coaching hire.

Could be worse... You could donate the hundreds to a thousand or more dollars a year to get a Blue Lot pass and see it sold individually for $30 a pop every game ($180 a year).

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Our 4,000-6,000 loyal fans who show and support rain or shine shouldn’t be expected to carry 

Based on a recent email I received from the MGSF with my points ranking (or something like that implying I have competition for my season tix... yeah right 🤣), there are less than 5000 donors to the MGSF.  And all you have to do to get well into the top third of donors is buy a pair of club tix and pay that required donation.

2 hours ago, C Rod said:

Give me Littrell, Briles, and Strong and you can take my money.

I'd prefer its contingent on at minimum 6 games and a bowl game in 2020.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Joke or not, you have to understand our suspicions when you have never posted on here and your first two posts are coming to the defense of Reeder.

I have lurked here for awhile just never made an account. But thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Think I’ll stick to Twitter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

5 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Could be worse... You could donate the hundreds to a thousand or more dollars a year to get a Blue Lot pass and see it sold individually for $30 a pop every game ($180 a year).

...then see that lot "sold out" and be turned away from that lot and forced to park way over by the old Liberty buildings.
I was late to the ACU game and that happened to me, even after I showed them my pass.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

...then see that lot "sold out" and be turned away from that lot and forced to park way over by the old Liberty buildings.
I was late to the ACU game and that happened to me, even after I showed them my pass.

You have to be kidding me. What's the point to having a parking pass?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Throw Away said:

I have lurked here for awhile just never made an account. But thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Think I’ll stick to Twitter. 

It is likely a Reeder friend from Eastern Ill days -- being that is where the internet tells me about this anon source. 

However, even with this, it wasn't SL calling the plays. He barely moved his face all season.. I seriously wonder who it was if your claim is true. 

Just now, MeanMag said:

You have to be kidding me. What's the point to having a parking pass?

I've never seen the blue lot sell out. It was maybe close versus Houston... Maybe. But I can't imagine having a pass in hand and being turned away. It would be hard not to rage quit. 

19 minutes ago, Throw Away said:

Now that is the bastion of civility.  Good luck.  I don't think anyone was trying to run you off, I was just pointing out how it looked.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 1