Reeder and Reffett Fired

Cerebus

Just now, TheColonyEagle said:

This gives me hope for Littrell....

I can live another year with Mumbles, but these next hires have got to be out of the park to get me back on his side.

I'm still not sold on him, but this does give me hope that he's got the brass cheerios to do what is necessary.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

To be fair, this is likely the first time he's had to fire someone.  His previous staff replacements were from staff being hired away.

I hear you.

But he doesn't seem to be messing around. As the leader of the program, this is what you want to see....

He's saying, "this isn't good enough....I'm making changes"

He didn't say "hey...this is just a blip, I've won 9 games here twice...and that's really good for UNT. We'll be fine...status quo."

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 6

Just now, FirefightnRick said:

This is where it gets tricky doesn’t it?

My first reaction is Kendal Briles for OC,..and David Braun at NDSU for DC..

But whoever we get as DC has to understand what he’s dealing with in regard to our offensive philosophy.

Whoever it is I hope they all can get it turned around and I wish them the best.

Rick

Gotta think Briles' offensive woes at FSU will cast a shadow on him regarding P5 interest.   
Briles needs to stay in or near Texas to ensure he gets the types of players that will work in his system, since the combination of Art Briles' and Mike Leach's offenses drive Texas High School Football now.
Of course, I bet Lane Kiffin wouldn't mind re-uniting with him either, so who knows?

As for Braun, I've gotta think Littrell probably wont go back to the "hotshot FCS coordinator" well again.   He got burned pretty terribly last time he did that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cerebus said:

I hope everyone who was complaining about the coordinators is now willing to up their ticket purchases/MGSF donations by 10%. 

If you want a big boy program you better help out with the big boy prices.

Big eye roll. Wren keeps upping the donations automatically. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

Just now, Cerebus said:

Hey man, you wouldn't have to buy some many tickets if you weren't part of the quiverfull movement.

I am cool with donations ... just not the used car salesman tactics of parking $600 per game when the lot will be empty anyhow. That is all. I don't think that white lot parking is going directly to a coaching hire. 😉 But the use car sales style tactics does turn people off.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2

Did NT get some sort of bargain taking Reffett and Reeder ?  I was not aware that lack of money for assistant coaches and coordinators was an issue.  We got a late start last season because the head coach was distracted.  Waiting may have caused a lack of choices but I never heard that lack of money made us settle for second best. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1