Graham Harrell to Texas?

Big Z

3 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

If GH could get the same or more pay and living in Austin as opposed to L.A., would that not make a huge difference?  His family is here in Texas. 

I don't think it matters much until he's up for head coaching jobs. Even then I think it only matters if you're looking at programs of similar stature. Right now he's likely just looking for upward moves. Why go to Texas for the same role and pay when it means starting over with implementing his philosophies?

He's spent his whole career moving around North America (even Canada) for opportunities. Being close to home probably doesn't matter as much as it does to others.

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I don't think it matters much until he's up for head coaching jobs. Even then I think it only matters if you're looking at programs of similar stature. Right now he's likely just looking for upward moves. Why go to Texas for the same role and pay when it means starting over with implementing his philosophies?

He's spent his whole career moving around North America (even Canada) for opportunities. Being close to home probably doesn't matter as much as it does to others.

Looks like he’s up for some head coaching gigs as well now.

• Upvote 1

Harrell will either be a HC next season, or he will still be the OC at USC, or he will be making a lot more money as an OC than SL is as a head coach, because USC will pay handsomely to keep him, and they would have to outbid em. I doubt he is interviewing at UNLV for any other reason than to increase his salary.

• Upvote 1